PDA

View Full Version : Testing ios apps ..... ipad or ipad2 ?

anonymouse99
May 15, 2011, 01:07 AM
I am considering buying an Ipad for testing my ios apps. I realize I have access to built-in ipad/iphone simulator but I want to have some folks do some "end user" usability and ui testing for my apps.

Does it matter if I purchase an Ipad or Ipad2 for this purpose? Also, is it important to have 3G access for (performance) testing apps?

I am considering getting a 64GB Wifi only Ipad. Is there anything I'll lose with not getting 3G, Ipad2?

-TIA :D

dantastic
May 15, 2011, 03:40 AM
I'm a bit in the same boat at the moment and I've decided to go with the original iPad. Performance being the main reason, it you program and test on the newer iPad you don't know if your app will work smoothly on the older one.

The newer one is faster and has more cameras. If you're doing something that require cameras then you need the iPad2 otherwise I'd say get the 1st generation, they're coming down in price at the moment as well.

jnoxx
May 15, 2011, 06:52 AM
OH HAI THERE.

Well, im with dan on this matter.
I'd go for a 3G ipad 1. performance wise. then u can check the 3G connection usability iny our apps, because is totally different then ur wifi connection. And also performance wise. It's like playing Inifinity blade (new version) on the ipad 2 vs the ipad 1.
;)