PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Photos

I AM THE MAN
May 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
I just shot these pictures in a garden and I wanted some advice. I did a very little editing on the photos, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the photos look. Should I have edited the photo? Is it bad? Good? Any honest opinion would be great. Thanks for all the help!

Original Picture:

Edited Picture:

Camera Used: Nikon Coolpix L110

miles01110
May 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
What do you mean by "good" ? The subject isn't very interesting, so you're sunk from the beginning.

I AM THE MAN
May 15, 2011, 11:39 AM
What do you mean by "good" ? The subject isn't very interesting, so you're sunk from the beginning.

How could I have made this photo interesting?

aicul
May 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
the darker green provides a better feel of leave structure

legreve
May 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
Like sad, Its pretty boring. Closer... go closer. Apart from that not.much to say. You're very unlikely going to produce something original with nature, just see all the crap on Flickr...

Doylem
May 15, 2011, 01:49 PM
You're very unlikely going to produce something original with nature

Hang on... what's that noise? Oh, it's just Ansel Adams turning in his grave...

snberk103
May 15, 2011, 03:28 PM
How could I have made this photo interesting?

Why did you take this photo? Ask yourself that question, and then answer it with your image.

HarryPot
May 17, 2011, 01:18 PM
Taking nature photos is not boring at any way, but it do is more difficult to get an interesting photo. A good composed nature photo makes a very nice decor for walls, IMO.

As for this photo... I find it to be way too busy, with all the blurred leaves behind. Also, even tho the main leaves are exposed decently, the background is overexposed (the sky).

For fixing this you would have needed some kind of additional lighting (reflectors, flash, etc.) to be able to expose the sky and keep the leaves from underexposing them.

If you have time, and want to have an easier job with the lighting, always wait for the "golden hours" for photography. Either early morning or late in the day, when the sun is not as bright and gives a more pleasing light.

BTW, I'm no expert, this is just what I've learned thru the years as a hobbyist photographer.

I AM THE MAN
May 17, 2011, 05:14 PM
Taking nature photos is not boring at any way, but it do is more difficult to get an interesting photo. A good composed nature photo makes a very nice decor for walls, IMO.

As for this photo... I find it to be way too busy, with all the blurred leaves behind. Also, even tho the main leaves are exposed decently, the background is overexposed (the sky).

For fixing this you would have needed some kind of additional lighting (reflectors, flash, etc.) to be able to expose the sky and keep the leaves from underexposing them.

If you have time, and want to have an easier job with the lighting, always wait for the "golden hours" for photography. Either early morning or late in the day, when the sun is not as bright and gives a more pleasing light.

BTW, I'm no expert, this is just what I've learned thru the years as a hobbyist photographer.

Thank you for your kind and pleasant reply!