PDA

View Full Version : Lion Server

RafaelT
May 15, 2011, 03:00 PM
I apologize if this has been answered but I did do a search and did not find anything.

I thought I remembered hearing a while back that Lion and and OSX Server were going to become one in the same...

Then I think I remember hearing that at least at the start of development they were still separate.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Are we going to see one version of Lion that includes server or are we going to be sticking with two versions?

Thanks!

Psilocybin
May 15, 2011, 03:33 PM
they are the same but the server is an option to install

RafaelT
May 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
Great, thank you!

MRiOS
May 15, 2011, 07:36 PM
they are the same but the server is an option to install
This is how it is right now for the Dev Previews, whether it stays like this for the final release is still undetermined. (though Apple would get my Kudos for simplifying to one version)

pacmania1982
May 17, 2011, 07:19 AM
This is how it is right now for the Dev Previews, whether it stays like this for the final release is still undetermined. (though Apple would get my Kudos for simplifying to one version)

I disagree. I don't need iTunes, Chess or some of the other apps that get installed as default as part of the OS install. I think it would be nicer if you could get 'barebones' OS install for server, then add on top of it things you want. That would be my personal preference anyway

pac