Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

An0nym0us

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Ok firstly i want to apologize if there is a thread that covers this topic but with a quick search i couldn't find anything.

But to the real question: Does the Power Support Anti-Glare take away from the screen resolution of the iPad 2? I originally had no intention to stick anything on the iPad's screen and go with the natural feel of the glass. Yet because i've heard nothing but good things about the Power Support AG, the fact that glass does tend to scratch eventually, and also that the natural glass feel can be a bit difficult to use after a while i started pondering getting the PS AG. Yet my deepest fear is that it will take away or hinder the pristine colors and resolution of the iPad which is a major reason why i love it. So to re-propose my question: Is the resolution retraction minimal enough to invest in the PS AG?

Addition: Is the PS AG worth the 35 dollars or so its going to cost me to order and ship it to me?

Thanks for any replies and help in advance. :)

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
I'm hoping the same thing but I pulled the trigger and purchased it 10 minutes ago.

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
First off every AG screen protector will take away from the clarity but the powersupport AG takes away very little so much so that it is barely noticable. Plus it is really smooth and your finger will just glide across the screen. Ive tried a bunch and i can honestly say it is well worth the price.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I have always used crystal protectors before but bought a PS anti-glare this time and if it takes away from the clarity I haven't noticed it. Plus it's very nice to the touch and really does prevent fingerprints. It went on very easily (easiest i have ever used and I've been using screen protectors for a decade or more). I'm very happy with mine. Hopefully you will be too because it is pricey.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
First off every AG screen protector will take away from the clarity but the powersupport AG takes away very little so much so that it is barely noticable. Plus it is really smooth and your finger will just glide across the screen. Ive tried a bunch and i can honestly say it is well worth the price.

Agreed.

I have a Power Support AG on my iPhone 4 right now, and I had their AG on my iPad 1.

dhcl604

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
New York
My Power Support Anti-Glare Film Input

I've had the PS AG film on my iPad 2 for several weeks now and it looks great. I certainly hesitated on ordering the AG, but after installing it, I was very happy with the clarity of the display. The glare factor is gone and I rarely have to clean off any finger prints. When I show my iPad to others, who have iPads themselves, the first thing they say is, "what a great looking screen". I think you'll be happy with the PS AG film.

gigemzach

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I've had the PS AG film on my iPad 2 for several weeks now and it looks great. I certainly hesitated on ordering the AG, but after installing it, I was very happy with the clarity of the display. The glare factor is gone and I rarely have to clean off any finger prints. When I show my iPad to others, who have iPads themselves, the first thing they say is, "what a great looking screen". I think you'll be happy with the PS AG film.

Same here. I always use clear ones so I was worried, but don't regret it one bit.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Ok firstly i want to apologize if there is a thread that covers this topic but with a quick search i couldn't find anything.

But to the real question: Does the Power Support Anti-Glare take away from the screen resolution of the iPad 2? I originally had no intention to stick anything on the iPad's screen and go with the natural feel of the glass. Yet because i've heard nothing but good things about the Power Support AG, the fact that glass does tend to scratch eventually, and also that the natural glass feel can be a bit difficult to use after a while i started pondering getting the PS AG. Yet my deepest fear is that it will take away or hinder the pristine colors and resolution of the iPad which is a major reason why i love it. So to re-propose my question: Is the resolution retraction minimal enough to invest in the PS AG?

Addition: Is the PS AG worth the 35 dollars or so its going to cost me to order and ship it to me?

Thanks for any replies and help in advance. :)

No, it does not.

Without the screen protector, the screen rez is 1024x768.

With a AG screen protector, the screen Rez is still 1024x768.

You are thinking loss in clarity and yes an AG screen protector does take away some clarity.

Last edited:

An0nym0us

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
No, it does not.

Without the screen protector, the screen rez is 1024x768.

With a AG screen protector, the screen Rez is still 1024x768.

You are thinking loss in clarity and yes an AG screen protector does take away some clarity.

My apologies for using the wrong word. When i said resolution i assumed people would know what i was talking about, but yes you are correct the question should be about screen clarity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.