PDA

View Full Version : Pastel smart covers and dirt?

LDTaylor85
May 16, 2011, 11:29 AM
I bought a blue smart cover two weeks ago and the thing is already filthy, I only use it in my room and inside my office, are they prone to getting dirty?. Luckily while in wal mart last night I saw that they had the black leather smart covers under the 39 dollar price tag, i didnt think they would give it to me at that price but I figured it was worth the try and to my surprise they said it was a mistake but they would honor the price that was listed!

Blorzoga
May 16, 2011, 12:19 PM
I bought a blue smart cover two weeks ago and the thing is already filthy, I only use it in my room and inside my office, are they prone to getting dirty?. Luckily while in wal mart last night I saw that they had the black leather smart covers under the 39 dollar price tag, i didnt think they would give it to me at that price but I figured it was worth the try and to my surprise they said it was a mistake but they would honor the price that was listed!

Where is that walmart?

LDTaylor85
May 16, 2011, 01:54 PM
Lancaster,Ca...it wouldn't hurt to try your local walmart. They didn't even have a price tag up for the leather covers.

OneForGadgets
May 16, 2011, 01:58 PM
I have seen this to be an issue with a good amount of people (the covers getting dirty). Do you think the leather covers would get a dirty as the polyurethane does?

LDTaylor85
May 16, 2011, 06:15 PM
I have seen this to be an issue with a good amount of people (the covers getting dirty). Do you think the leather covers would get a dirty as the polyurethane does?

I don't see how the black could. On the blue poly the edge of the ridges were turning grayish.

Surely
May 16, 2011, 07:29 PM

I don't think that the leather would get dirty, but from what I've seen, it scratches easily.

I would rather scratches over dirt (I've seen how dirty they can get), so I ordered the black leather one.....which Apple is sending me for free (to make up for a bad experience at an Apple Store).:D

glen e
May 16, 2011, 07:46 PM
Do your ever shine/clean your shoes?......same here

Do you ever clean your patio vinyl cushions with a 409 type product?.......same here

Really don,'t understsnd why people treat this stuff like it's special.....

Surely
May 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
^^^^^What are you getting at?:confused:

glen e
May 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm answering the OP......both the cover types are easily maintained with some common sense cleaning procedures...do a search here, i have offered up cleaning products for both....

LDTaylor85
May 17, 2011, 12:06 AM
I'm answering the OP......both the cover types are easily maintained with some common sense cleaning procedures...do a search here, i have offered up cleaning products for both....

I shine my boots everyday to stay sharp, I shouldn't have to scrub a 40 dollar smart cover everyday when the thing is just sitting on my desk.

qoo77
May 17, 2011, 12:30 AM
my green poly smart cover picks up dirt marks like crazy, i'm all OCD using an eraser to rub away marks on it whenever i see one.