Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berardi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I am so excited i just ordered a new mba 11.6 64 gb from amazon.com will be replacing a 9 year old dell price was great 923.45 no tax free shipping this is my first mac and am so excited i have been reading on these forums for a while . Besides Consumer Reports gave it an excellent rating.

kwajkat

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
I just got a 11.6 Mac Air and love it. I did get a Newbie's guide to the switching to the MacAir from a PC ebook which really helped my brain convert PC terms into Mac terms!!

My last Mac was a 512 back in 84. Have had PCs since. WHile I still have the PC, the past few days since getting the Air, I find myself loving it more and more. Although I am not sure if I should have waited until the new one comes out or not, I am really enjoying the one I got. Since it isn't that much larger or heavier than my ipad, I can hardly wait to take it and my ipad with me on an upcoming trip.

Berardi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I just got a 11.6 Mac Air and love it. I did get a Newbie's guide to the switching to the MacAir from a PC ebook which really helped my brain convert PC terms into Mac terms!!

My last Mac was a 512 back in 84. Have had PCs since. WHile I still have the PC, the past few days since getting the Air, I find myself loving it more and more. Although I am not sure if I should have waited until the new one comes out or not, I am really enjoying the one I got. Since it isn't that much larger or heavier than my ipad, I can hardly wait to take it and my ipad with me on an upcoming trip.

I am excited about learning Mac but now I am thinking about the refreshed Mac air I am wondering if I should have waited also I just thinking will the new sandy bridge be worth the wait how about the new os ?

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
I've been using a 11" MBA for the past 3 weeks at work - I sell enterprise software to banks and brokerage firms and travel all over the nation.

MBA is far and away the best laptop I've ever used.

I'm not a gamer and I don't have intensive CPU computing needs, so for writing, email and web browsing and a lot of travel, this thing is the best!

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I am excited about learning Mac but now I am thinking about the refreshed Mac air I am wondering if I should have waited also I just thinking will the new sandy bridge be worth the wait how about the new os ?

You might not have picked a very good time to buy. It is difficult to tell, but Apple is having some kind of announcement this week (so they say), so maybe that will give you some idea. The price will probably be the same in a few days (weeks), but with better specs.

Sometimes Apple gives customers rebates if it is really close to a makeover launch, so if you like it (the current MBA is wonderful, especially if you wouldn't gain anything by extra processing power anyhow), then you may not really care about Sandy bridge, and you get a discount. Pay close attention to the period you have to return the product :)

Berardi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Well just to say I ordered my MBA 11 from amazon and I would have no problem returning it which I probably will so I could wait another month or so they are preparing for shipping now should arrive between 23 - 26 full refund if I return

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.