PDA

View Full Version : Affordable cases comparable to InCase Magazine Jacket?

richardroma
May 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
A coworker of mine has the InCase magazine jacket for iPad 2. This thing is perfect for me but is hard to find at a decent discount online ($50 seems a little hefty for something that doesn't even seem like it will fully protect the device if dropped). I see few, if any, on eBay and the ones at a local Best Buy were all torn open and manhandled by customers. Does anyone know of a comparable case by another manufacturer at a more affordable price? Thanks!

michaelsviews
May 16, 2011, 03:15 PM
A coworker of mine has the InCase magazine jacket for iPad 2. This thing is perfect for me but is hard to find at a decent discount online ($50 seems a little hefty for something that doesn't even seem like it will fully protect the device if dropped). I see few, if any, on eBay and the ones at a local Best Buy were all torn open and manhandled by customers. Does anyone know of a comparable case by another manufacturer at a more affordable price? Thanks!

I did not look to see if Belkin was already mentioned but they have a snap on back case to work with Apples magnetic flip over covers.

I have the incase your speaking of and I have to say the cover for the front has NO magnets so it could flip open. Got mine at bestbuy and its going back this week. IMHO its NOT worth the money at all.

iMule
May 16, 2011, 06:10 PM
It's not worth it. I have it. The ONLY reason it's not worth it in my opinion is because it doesn't have magnets in it. I hated that strap. The back actually has a nice design minus the two blocks.

Rigby
May 16, 2011, 09:52 PM
Magnets, shmagnets. ;) I'll never understand what the fascination is. I've had this case for 6 weeks now and have never missed magnets. It's almost perfect for me. It is well-made, very thin and light while offering good protection, and the front cover doesn't flop around when open like the Smart Cover does. It also has a "medium angle" stand position which is perfect for many situations (like watching movies on an airplane). I have not seen any other case quite like it.