PDA

View Full Version : Looking for iPad car mount

Ratatapa
May 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hello I am looking for a windshield car mount for my iPad 2

I want it to be able to rotate portrait and landscape without removing the iPad from the mount

Anyone has one to recommand

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

CAWjr
May 16, 2011, 03:59 PM
Why do you want an iPad on your windshield? Do you want it for GPS or do you want to watch movies while you drive? Either way, you do realize that would be a tremendous safety risk?

Perhaps you could mount it lower in the car so it doesn't obstruct your view.

Ratatapa
May 16, 2011, 07:15 PM
I could try to mount it to the dash, Toyota yaris 2010

Or course m'y goal is movie + gps on drive

jamesp57
May 16, 2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.ram-mount.com

CAWjr
May 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
I could try to mount it to the dash, Toyota yaris 2010

Or course m'y goal is movie + gps on drive

please tell me where you live so I can stay as far away as possible while you plow your Yaris through a crowd of pedestrians as you watch the latest Harry Potter movie.

Ratatapa
May 17, 2011, 06:12 AM
/sigh guess I have to explain everything

I want to have the mount move so that my girlfriend in the passenger seat move it towards her to watch a movie while I drive

And I want it to move to my side to use gps whilemdriving

I'm notmstupid to watch a movie while driving come on use some logic

BlindMellon
May 17, 2011, 10:24 AM
That is really slick but I'll bet it wobbles like a drunk on Saturday night.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/Skins/NationalProducts/images/ramb3161ap8iu1.jpg

cinca
May 17, 2011, 01:07 PM
Someone posted a similar mounting questions a while back and I answered with my recommendation and there was a huge pile-on of others sharing my recommendation,

Pro-clips offer a custom car model-specific mounting solution -- with some cars having multiple mounting placements. Then you attach this mount to a holder that fits your phone, iPad, etc. The nice thing about the pro clip solution is you could put in one clip mount on your car and then swap in the iPad for your gf and when she isn't in your car you could put your phone or whatever there.. They have holders for just about every type of phone/gps/etc.

Nothing against the ram mount recommendation but I think if you browse both websites and compare the two options you still find the pro-clips solution far more elegant, functional and easy to set-up.

www.proclipusa.com

Good luck....!

dawgfang
Jul 9, 2011, 10:21 AM
Get the RAM mount that sticks to the windshield. I have it and it is flawless. Worked with my iPad and now iPad 2.
I can view emails easily and even watch Slingbox in the drive thru!!

James Huang
Jul 9, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hello,

Looking to purchase an ipad mount of any kind for the car. I've googled it, but things look a bit fishy. Are there any mounts available that folks have actually used?

**************/GJIxIj

Thanks a lot again
James Huang

geo111
Jul 9, 2011, 06:27 PM
I think that this one looks interesting.

http://padholdr.com/

Zermelo
Jul 12, 2011, 05:32 PM
I really don't get why people get so pious when it comes to the idea of mounting the ipad in the car.

Has any of you who disagree with this seen modern car stereo systems???? Take a look at the Pioneer Avic z120bt. It has video, audio, internet radio, bluetooth, gps, etc, etc, etc, and costs $1200. It makes no sense to have a deck like that when your tablet can do everything it can 10x more easily.

Of course, these stereo systems are made so that the video doesn't play when you drive, but just about ANY installation shop will bypass the video restriction.

The technology is out there, it's only a matter of time. The responsibility is on the driver to use it wisely.