Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
^ You've got to be kidding me! Seriously implanting something into your head to play music you've heard etc. Sounds sci-fi to me, although, Startrek is where cellphones came from...

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
joecool85 said:
^ You've got to be kidding me! Seriously implanting something into your head to play music you've heard etc. Sounds sci-fi to me, although, Startrek is where cellphones came from...

I kinda think he was... lol

Back on track: it would be coool but scary

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
joecool85 said:

Yay! I got a believer!
Check out BBspot on your spare time... you might learn something.... :rolleyes:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Science is implanting a lot of devices already. They help to regulate the heart, control pain, and control use of muscles.

I found the article very interesting. It give a logical explanation for catchy tunes playing on in our minds. Of course its the dream of advertisers.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
If you've seen The Final Cut, they implant a chip during the fetal stage that can record the experiences of your life in sound and audio. Work is already underway trying to record the electrical impulses of neurons within the brain and trying to store that information.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i agree with you wd, a lot of things are being implanted for medical purposes already, its only a matter of time before they start to serve other purposes as well

for example, my aunt who is a diabetic has a pump implanted in her side, the pump feeds out through her side and allows her insulin to be automatically regulated rather than always having to prick her finger and whatnot....

as time goes on things will only get more complex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.