PDA

View Full Version : 2GB memory

Badrottie
May 17, 2011, 03:25 AM
add 2GB memory make any difference? Better performance?

burnout8488
May 17, 2011, 03:39 AM
Usually depends on the operating system, but in a nutshell, yes. Your system will probably be a little bit snappier with an extra gig if all you're doing is web browsing and e-mail. If you do more intensive work than that, the system will take more advantage of that extra gig and you'll notice more improvement.

mrkramer
May 17, 2011, 03:44 AM
It depends on what you are doing and if you are maxing out your current ram, but probably more ram will make your computer run faster.

Badrottie
May 17, 2011, 03:49 AM
thanks I am going to use Adobe Photoshop element final cut express and toast titanium. I guess it helps better anyway that is for learning purpose before I upgrade to MBP

oh by the way I am running Leopard 10.5.8

mrkramer
May 17, 2011, 03:56 AM
thanks I am going to use Adobe Photoshop element final cut express and toast titanium. I guess it helps better anyway that is for learning purpose before I upgrade to MBP

oh by the way I am running Leopard 10.5.8

For those things, 2GB will help. It will still be slow, since it's running on an old computer, but it will be better with more ram.

mabaker
May 17, 2011, 04:06 AM
Always pay attention to the Activity Monitor and how much Page Outs you have.

If you have something like that (Leopard) then you are in trouble and additional RAM will improve things:

http://macperformanceguide.com/images/MacBookPro-Core_i17/ActivityMonitor-PageOuts.gif

Be sure that Page Outs number is not higher than 1 GB.

zen.state
May 17, 2011, 07:25 AM
I have 2GB in both my Macs and it helps a lot vs. 1GB.

Nameci
May 17, 2011, 09:39 AM
i max out ram on all my old macs...