Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nora47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Curious what you all use for running with your iPhone 4. Clip for your shorts or arm band? Looking to get either for running but curious on opinions, or recommendations on a particular brand. FYI, my iPhone 4 is for vzw if that matters.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I have yet to use my iPhone 4 for running but when I used my iPod nano I honestly just held it in my hand. With my iPod touch however I was a bit more careful and generally got a decently protective case for it and either held it or if my shorts that day had deep pockets I would do that. Not a fan of having something as big as an iPhone around my arm.

Requiemm

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
I just picked up an iPod sport band. The iPhone fits it without a case and works great. I just did the Frederick half marathon with that hook up and it all was fine.

BTW, I love runkeeper as my tracking app. I like the way it displays info on the website.

(Please ignore the pace, I'm a slow runner)

nora47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
i have tried the phone in the pocket but i cant deal with the phone bouncing around. And im afraid to just hold my phone while running in case i manage to drop it. My mom has the ipod sports band so i might try hers out and see how it feels, just really hoping to get a armband. Just havent seen too many recommendations or good reviews. But thanks for your input!

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
You'll see a lot of responses from me here regarding this subject and I always respond the same...go for the ArmPocket Sport20. http://www.armpocket.com It looks big, but it doesn't feel big at all. It's comfy and most importantly, protects it from sweat. I've tried a few armbards (Belkin and others) and was always worried about sweat soaking through the neoprene and getting the dock connector port wet. I ran my first marathon last year with it and it did great! Some Best Buys are stocking these now. Oh, and I agree with Requium, RunKeeper is a GREAT running app!

Good luck on your running endeavors!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.