Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USAKeller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Colorado
I sold my 1st generation iPad and bought the iPad2 and have some concerns/questions...

I've read others' reviews about the battery not lasting as long or as well, and I immediately noticed this right off the bat. True?

Also, I have been finding the Internet connection to be a little worse - even though I show Internet connection, a Safari internet page frequently takes forever to download, then it will say it's not connected so I have to restart my iPad to get the "connection" back, and don't like having to do that also.

Finally, lately when I try to touch an App (or any "box") on the home screen to open it, the screen has been freezing up and I can't touch anything.

Anyone have any similar problems?

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I have found the battery life to be at least the advertised 10 hours, possibly more. How high do you have the brightness turned up, and what apps do you mostly use? How many hours of battery life are you getting?

I do have connection problems, but only on one particular wireless network, so I think it's some combo of the iPad and the particular router. Instead of rebooting, have you tried going into settings and turning the wireless off then back on? That works for me.

I've never seen that last problem - if it's happening a lot, I might take it into a genius bar and have them take a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.