Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyles3399

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hi,
Due to the popularity of the 11" MBA, does anyone think we will see a 11" MB? Just think it might be cool, Something basic in the 799 range? any thoughts.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
Back when the rumours were spreading about an 11" mac i thought that it would be the MacBook and not a smaller Air. Makes me wonder what they are going to do with the MacBook now though.

Patrick946

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
I think it's more likely that they will phase the Macbook out now. On the other hand, Apple is not known to be predictable, so who knows.

darels

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Don't forget that they want something at the $1000 price mark, which has been the MB for quite some time.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

well, basic macbook air 11' model costs 1000$, word air in the title emphasis thinness lightness and portability, but nowadays all not high-powered laptops are abaut thinness and lightness, 2-3 years ago it was "wow", but now it is not such a sensation, so in my opinion it will be like this:

Ipad: for internet and entertainment
Macbook (will look like macbook air): ultra portable computer for casual user and basic works (actually nowadays people really rarely use superdrive, so it isnt necessary anymore)
Macbook pro: portable computer for professionals or casual users who need better performance for heavier work
mac mini: small desktop computer for basic works
imac: powerful desktop computer for everybody
mac pro: ultra powerful desktop computer for professionals

Mobius 1

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2011
USEA
mac pro: ultra powerful desktop computer for professionals

DIY hackintosh PC: cheap mac pro

the only mac i'd reccomend buying is the portable (all) and the iMac

others, not so much

on topic: NOOOOOOOOOO superdrive stays :(

thurstmw

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
? There was always both a MacBook and a MacBook Pro. In fact, the MacBook Pro line was introduced before the MacBook line was.

I think he was more referring to when they decided putting essentially just putting an aluminum enclosure on a macbook made it pro. (Oh and firewire and an sd slot)

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
But that's not really how it went either. He may be referring to when Apple made the aluminum unibody MacBook, then added a FW port and SD slot and called it a Pro, replacing the old alum unibody MB with a plastic unibody one. But it was hard to tell since it was worded vaguely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.