PDA

View Full Version : iPad Digital AV Adapter

stockcerts
May 17, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'm considering buying one of these adapters (even though they are overpriced). Just wondering if some of you have purchased one, and how you like it, and how you use it.

I have Hulu+ and my goal is to get rid of cable TV. There is lots of good content on Hulu+, so I think this may be a start for me. I considered Apple TV, but they only offer Netflix and whatever is in your iTune library.

Any thoughts or comments on this area are welcome...thanks!!

stockcerts
May 17, 2011, 12:41 PM
Another question (think I know the answer). I'm initially planning on using iPad with the adapter in the bedroom. I have a 27" Samsung LCD. When you plug in the hdmi connector to the LCD, do you need to change the source? I'm guessing you do. Thanks!

Emzy-121
May 9, 2014, 09:01 AM
Another question (think I know the answer). I'm initially planning on using iPad with the adapter in the bedroom. I have a 27" Samsung LCD. When you plug in the hdmi connector to the LCD, do you need to change the source? I'm guessing you do. Thanks!

You have to change the source to HDMI .. I've just received my connection in today .. I have an iPad and iPhone both using the lightening connection .. When I connected my iPad .. It did not display the full screen for Safari or even for watching my cartoon hd app .. However, youtube and movies purchased off iTunes did work as full screen .. However, when I connected my iPhone and turned it horizontally it did present in full screen .. Everything was in full screen .. I'm unsure as too why my ipad was not presented in full screen .. I hope this helps :)

hungx
May 14, 2014, 04:31 PM
You have to change the source to HDMI .. I've just received my connection in today .. I have an iPad and iPhone both using the lightening connection .. When I connected my iPad .. It did not display the full screen for Safari or even for watching my cartoon hd app .. However, youtube and movies purchased off iTunes did work as full screen .. However, when I connected my iPhone and turned it horizontally it did present in full screen .. Everything was in full screen .. I'm unsure as too why my ipad was not presented in full screen .. I hope this helps :)

Do you mean the black bars on the sides of the screen? If so, it's due to the aspect ratio of the iPad: the iPad has a 4:3 ration while most HDTVs are 16:9. The iPhone 5/5s/5c has a 16:9 aspect ratio, so it display content full screen.