PDA

View Full Version : Compatible SmartCover Case(s) and Screenshield-Decision *Help*

Lizzie.
May 17, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm planning on purchasing a case that is compatible with the smartcover. I see that there are plenty out in the market now and I have narrowed it down to the select few down below, but I was hoping to get some opinions on these cases from people who own them, are considering them, etc.

SwitchEasy Cover Buddy - Red ($24.99+ $3.00 s/h)
http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CoverBuddy/#
-I've used Switcheasy products before and they are great quality and this case seems to offer plenty of protection and grip.

SmartShell Case for iPad 2 - Clear ($34.95)
http://www.speckproducts.com/ipad-2-case-smartshell-clear.html
-I'm not sure if I would buy the clear, it might scratch easily and overtime show signs of wear easier than the others. (What do you guys think?) This case seems to have almost if not better protection than the Switcheasy and a magnetic strip or whatever it is in the back to keep the smartcover from flopping around when flipped all the way back. (If this was offered in red and clear which of the two do you believe would look best with the red smartcover?)

Incipio iPad 2 Smart Feather Case -Red or Frost ($34.99)
http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-iPad-2-Smart-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp
-Never used Incipio, but I've heard great things. I'm not sure if the frost or red smart feather would look best with the red smartcover (I'm a bit indecisive I like both).

AViiQ Smart Case ($49.99)
http://shop.aviiq.com/smart-case-for-ipad-2-s/46.htm
-It looks like a descent case (very cool), but I haven't seen reviews on it yet.

SGP iPad 2 Leather Case Griff Series -Red ($49.99+tax+s/h)
http://www.sgpstore.com/tablets/apple/ipad-2/sgp-ipad-2-leather-case-griff-series.html
-This is the one I consider the odd ball of them all because its made of leather and not polycarbonate material, but I like the look and SGP tends to have great quality. What I'm not sure is the specs such as its weight and thickness. ):

Which of the cases above seems the best and why? I would like to hear from anyone and especially someone that has the product to see how they like it and what they dont, etc. Any help is gladly appreciated such as whether clear/frost is better than a red case or vice versa C:.

Edit: *I forgot to mention I have a bodyguardz on the back so it would have to play nice with it. I have a TPU case, but it doesn't fit well because of the back protector and screen shield.*

I was also looking for a new screen shield for my iPad 2. I have the SGP Ultra Optics (about a month or so), but sometimes it clouds up because it is hard to clean, has a squeaky noise when you run your finger across it, and it isn't as anti-glare/fingerprint as I would like. I was thinking about purchasing a new anti-glare screen shield, the SGP Ultra Fine, but I'm not sure. Any recommendations for anti-glare screen protectors? (little distortion of the screen, easy to clean, resist fingerprints well/good with glare, and plays well with cases) I love watching movies on my iPad 2 especially when I can't see my own reflection.

Thanks for the help.

Vulcan4770
May 17, 2011, 04:47 PM
Remember price difference. There are some on eBay for like $7. I would be worried about the incipio smart feather cracking if dropped, I heard it from a few people.

gigemzach
May 17, 2011, 05:08 PM
My power support is amazing. Haven't used others to compare too, but there is no need to.

Legion93
May 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hypershield, type in Google, it is a great rear case that works with the smart cover :)

yOyOYoo
May 17, 2011, 07:11 PM
Switcheasy looks like the best one to me. That's the one I'm most likely going to get.

I think Belkin and Mareware make cases similar to what you're looking for.

Lizzie.
May 17, 2011, 07:35 PM
Remember price difference. There are some on eBay for like $7. I would be worried about the incipio smart feather cracking if dropped, I heard it from a few people.
Thanks for letting me know about incipio cracking when dropped and I have purchased an ebay tpu case similar to hypershield Legion93 mentioned, but it doesn't fit well with back protector/screen shield so I gave up on ebay cases. =s

My power support is amazing. Haven't used others to compare too, but there is no need to.
How precise are the cutouts? Is it cut a bit shorter than the screen to accommodate for cases to avoid bubble up? Any cons about the power support that you can think of?

Switcheasy looks like the best one to me. That's the one I'm most likely going to get.

I think Belkin and Mareware make cases similar to what you're looking for.
Well if you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it (or whichever case you may purchase). I have seen Belkin's and Mareware's cases, but I didn't really like them.

Thanks for the help so far ;)

gigemzach
May 17, 2011, 08:22 PM
The cutouts are almost perfect. It goes to the edge but looks like it still work with cases.

Lizzie.
May 18, 2011, 10:30 PM
The cutouts are almost perfect. It goes to the edge but looks like it still work with cases.

Hmmm...I'll definitely consider Power Support now thanks.

Now I just need to do some comparisons with SGP UF and powersuport anti-glare hd.

An0nym0us
May 20, 2011, 12:01 AM
I don't own the power support but I've heard nothing but good things, and thanks for starting this thread cause this is literally what I plan on doing when I get enough money to do so. I was personally thinking the switch easy, and what smart cover do u have?

Lizzie.
May 20, 2011, 12:45 AM
I don't own the power support but I've heard nothing but good things, and thanks for starting this thread cause this is literally what I plan on doing when I get enough money to do so. I was personally thinking the switch easy, and what smart cover do u have?
I've never owned a power support either, but I've been looking into it. I've used the Ultra Fine on my iphone 4 and I like it a lot, so I'm considering it for my iPad 2 and getting rid of the Ultra Optics it has on now, but I heard of the PS and might give it a try (I'm very indecisive :confused: ). I posted this because I hoped someone else had similar questions and I'd get some opinions; I guess there are many of us that think alike. I currently own the red leather smart cover and absolutely love it! I'm still debating between SwitchEasy in red unless Speck made a red one, if not maybe Switcheasy vs SGP Griff.