Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hi res

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Outer Burbs, IL
Did anyone else notice this? Did I miss something? I just got a replacement iPad cause my gf smashed and drowned my last one, so I went to redownload it and nothing shows up. If you click the link from Google it says the App is not available in the U.S AppStore.

bluemonkeyguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
that was a damn good browser app, thank God i downloaded it already:D

apparently it was removed days ago, from google search

hi res

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Outer Burbs, IL
Yeah, I loved Terra...Question: If I still have it backed up on my iTunes will it sync back on to my new iPad?

hi res

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Outer Burbs, IL
Wait a sec... Your girlfriend smashed and drowned your iPad? OT but do tell! :D

Found a picture of a girl online that I thought looked exactly like a friend of mine. I saved the pic and emailed it to myself so I could show it to a buddy of mine...oh yea, the pic was of a naked girl...ANYWAY...I left my iPad at home that day, and my girlfriend went into my email and started snooping around and found the pic. It didn't matter what I told her about why I had it, SHE WAS PISSED!! She called me at work, and told me what she was doing. I heard a loud smashing sound, and then our kitchen sink running. She said "It's ruined!" and hung up. I came home to find the iPad in the sink still dripping wet and COMPLETELY smashed, it looked like it got ran over by a truck or something. The backlight was still flickering with its' last breaths. Needless to say, my heart dropped. I took it to one Apple store and they said it would be a $369 dollar replacement. Took it to another Apple store and they swapped it for free right on the spot--told me they don't normally do this, but wished me better luck with this one....I couldn't believe they did that.

I know the whole "pics or it didn't happen" thing...I took a pic with my crappy camera phone but it didn't turn out at all...I do have the repair chit though...

Genius said it was the worst iPad he's ever seen...not something I took much pride in!

THANK YOU APPLE!!!

AppleSwap.jpg

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Found a picture of a girl online that I thought looked exactly like a friend of mine. I saved the pic and emailed it to myself so I could show it to a buddy of mine...oh yea, the pic was of a naked girl...ANYWAY...I left my iPad at home that day, and my girlfriend went into my email and started snooping around and found the pic. It didn't matter what I told her about why I had it, SHE WAS PISSED!! She called me at work, and told me what she was doing. I heard a loud smashing sound, and then our kitchen sink running. She said "It's ruined!" and hung up. I came home to find the iPad in the sink still dripping wet and COMPLETELY smashed, it looked like it got ran over by a truck or something. The backlight was still flickering with its' last breaths. Needless to say, my heart dropped. I took it to one Apple store and they said it would be a $369 dollar replacement. Took it to another Apple store and they swapped it for free right on the spot--told me they don't normally do this, but wished me better luck with this one....I couldn't believe they did that.

I know the whole "pics or it didn't happen" thing...I took a pic with my crappy camera phone but it didn't turn out at all...I do have the repair chit though...

Genius said it was the worst iPad he's ever seen...not something I took much pride in!

THANK YOU APPLE!!!

I'm sorry for your loss - but I don't care who you are- that there is funny :p

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010

THANK YOU APPLE!!!

....Please tell me you're not still with that crazy bitch.

Arhude

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Ios5

Have you noticed the display of the "new" Safari that's supposed to be released with IOS 5? It looks almost exactly like Terra...

I'll bet Apple saw how great and popular it was and offered to "absorb" them. Kind of like Microsoft used to do....

I got a replacement iPad but I backed up my previous one and thank goodness Terra transferred over.

I also hope you dumped that "girlfriend"...

Last edited:

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
I love Terra. Glad I got it while it was there.... anyone know why it's gone? And no comment on your girlfriend going crazy cuz she found a pic of a naked girl...:rolleyes:

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009
I love Terra. Glad I got it while it was there.... anyone know why it's gone? And no comment on your girlfriend going crazy cuz she found a pic of a naked girl...:rolleyes:

Terra Browser has been submitted the the AppStore 2 days ago.

Hopefully, you will see it soon again.

Stay tuned for more news.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010

THANK YOU APPLE!!!

What a psycho your woman is. I echo the sentiments of an earlier poster...drop that psychotic before she starts putting bunny rabbits in microwaves!

Glass Envelope

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
I just re-installed my old purchase from the AppStore? Are others indicating Terra is no longer available for purchase?

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
I just got an update notification. Lots of great changes!! Update installed fine so they must be alive and well. Glad to see it. This is a great browser.

LegitApps

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
Just downloaded the update and the scrolling is not smooth on sites like engadet. I would avoid this update if you already have it installed.

TechKnow

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Every since the update, the emulation mode has stopped working. I liked to use Terra in Firefox emulation for the forum sites that have a mobile version. Before the update it would display the desktop version. Now I can only acces the mobile versions on my iPad :mad:

Arhude

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
What do you mean by stopped working? I see the feature is still there (which was the main reason I use Terra and like it so much). I'll be pretty mad too if they rendered that feature impotent...

TechKnow

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
What do you mean by stopped working? I see the feature is still there (which was the main reason I use Terra and like it so much). I'll be pretty mad too if they rendered that feature impotent...

One of the forums I visit daily would always show the mobile version in Safari, but Terra allowed me to view in desktop mode with more features. Since the upgrade it doesn't matter which emulation it pick in the "identify as", it only shows the mobile version now.

Arhude

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Straight from the Terra Developers

Thank you for contacting us.

This issue is related to "Identify As" feature, that doesn't work correctly in Terra 1.3. We are expecting a new update with the fix for this bug to be approved by Apple and released any day now.

Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you.

Best regards,

Elena

Marketing manager
Readdle Inc.

Shrek-Moscow

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2008
Hello Elena,
I installed yesterday the ne version 1.3.1 and since now everything seems fine but i got the impression that the performnce are still having some minor issue.

Sometime I can't load a web page or it's extremely slow but if I switch to safari the page is loaded normally. I think I might have some issue with my 3G provider but at the moment i'm not sure about, it's too early, I haven't used the new release enough to be honest.

It would be interesting to collect the impressions of other users as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.