Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It's appalling that he was released and given the opportunity to kill again, given his 1993 murder conviction. And that, after two murders, he was unconstrained enough to once again kill.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
ziwi said:
Maybe the punishment should have been to let 'other cannibals' eat him alive then he would have or be his just desserts
I don't know - if they were reformed cannibals who'd seen the errors of their ways, making them do that would mean that he'd be consumed with guilt.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
jsw said:
I don't know - if they were reformed cannibals who'd seen the errors of their ways, making them do that would mean that he'd be consumed with guilt.

ah, but if they weren't reformed he would be consumed without guilt...

I personally don't see too much wrong with cannibalism assuming you don't go out killing for food and you are particularly careful about food-borne illness.

Grok it?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Great idea!

ziwi said:
Maybe the punishment should have been to let 'other cannibals' eat him alive then he would have or be his just desserts

Or better yet, make them eat themselves. :p

And how about this story on the apple.netscape.com page? Unbelievable how sick some people are. :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
At least as the judge said, he won't ever do this again. Just wonder if he was affected in anyway by Hannibal Lecter?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Some believe eating the brains of their victims gives them their intelligence or spirit. Normal people may find it disgusting, but these mentally deranged think its perfectly normal. Although eating brains causes CJ spongiform encephalitis disease.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Wasn't the guy he killed and ate one of his friends? Nice!

Reminds me of the Hannibal joke that I will change slightly - 'I'm having a friend for dinner tonight'.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Supposedly, humans contain some sort of protein that's meant to ward off a brain-based parasite... that you can only get by ingesting human brains. So, at some point in evolution, it was apparently common enough. Many cultures have incorporated cannibalism, often not for punishing enemies but to consume the bodies of their dead, it was considered improper to allow them to rot on the soil.

Of course, when the society you're in rejects it, it's a bit more difficult to pull off...

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Yikes. You really do wonder how somebody confesses to beating someone to death with a hammer, then is allowed to walk out of prison 7 years later so ineffectively "reformed" that he eventually goes and eats a friend in such an obvious way that he hasn't even finished cooking by the time the cops show up.

I'd say that putting a cannibal caught red-handed (ick) in in a position where he manages to kill somebody else while awaiting trial is even worse, except the 3rd guy he killed (counting the 1993 murder) was apparently in for killing an 89 year old woman in her home. Probably no big loss there.

Somebody needs to do a bit of checking on how they take care of psychotic criminals, I'd say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.