Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I have done some searching but was not able to find the information i wanted. I have three questions.

If i purchase a season pass, do i then own those shows and they will always be available in my iTunes library.

Can i watch them on any of my iOS devises, what i am looking for here is can i load them onto my iPad or iphone and take them with me on a trip, or is it just a home sharing type of use.

For those of you that are using season pass, how do you like it. I am looking to season pass a few of the Food network and TLC shows.

Last edited:

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Yes, they download to your iTunes account, typically within 24 hours of airing. You can transfer them to any of your iOS devices, authorized computers, or stream them to the AppleTV.

A few years ago I did away with cable and buy season passes for the shows that I want to watch. I have seen an annual savings by doing this versus my cable bill, even more so when you factor in that I no longer have to buy season sets on DVD or Bluray.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the "you don't really own it, your buying a license to view it... what if Apple goes away... DRM is evil" argument, but honestly I've never been impacted by any of these limitations and couldn't be happier.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
thank you NightStorm, we also cancled cable and have been using EyeTV to record the OTA programs we want, and Netflix to fill in some gaps.

Just did not have a good way to get the few cable shows that are not on netflix. Cool this will make the wife very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.