PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Z-5500 Hissing

leftywamumonkey
May 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi, I thought this would be a good time to ask the community about this problem I have had for the longest time.

Ever since I setup my Logitech z-5500 and used it with headphones, the headphones begin to make a hissing noise when they are not being "used". When the system is not receiving audio, it starts to hiss after a few seconds and it gets very annoying.

I use a mini-toslink to toslink cable if that matters.

I wanted to know how to resolve this problem.

Tomorrow
May 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
Do you only get this when using the headphones?

Do you get this problem when you use a different pair of headphones?

Are you plugging the headphones in directly to your computer, or into the Z-5500 controller?

Have you always had this problem with the headphones?

This is indeed puzzling - I've had my Z-5500's for three years now, and I've never heard a hiss, but I've never used them with headphones, either.

leftywamumonkey
May 19, 2011, 12:01 PM
Do you only get this when using the headphones?

Do you get this problem when you use a different pair of headphones?

Are you plugging the headphones in directly to your computer, or into the Z-5500 controller?

Have you always had this problem with the headphones?

This is indeed puzzling - I've had my Z-5500's for three years now, and I've never heard a hiss, but I've never used them with headphones, either.

I get this problem no matter what pair of headphones I use (I'm exaggerating, I have only tried with 3 pairs). All three of the headphones start to hiss after a few seconds of not receiving any sound.

I'm plugging them in the z-5500 controller pod, which is the only time they hiss. The headphones never hiss on any other device or when it is plugged into the output of the iMac.

Oh, and the hissing never happens when I use the speakers, only when there is something in the output of the control pad.