PDA

View Full Version : AppleScript Problem...Help!

nick-vorie
May 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Ok,
As an internet marketer I am always looking was to increase profit for minimal effort, thats where my (somewhat) decent programing skills come in. I'm creating an application to AUTOMATICALLY post a random (preset) post to a random (preset) wall with a different FB account each time promoting my site. I have the login system working and the posting system down for the most part but this is how its set up:

Desktop file (AutoPoster)(has the codes,automator workflows,the predefined post texts ect)

In the main file (AutoPoster (again)) It has the source code for easy editing and the application to run the process.
this is the source code:

repeat 10
random number from 1 to 3
set a to result
if a = 1 then
tell application "LOGIN_MACRO_1"
activate
end tell
else if a = 2 then
tell application "LOGIN_MACRO_2"
activate
end tell
else if a = 3 then
tell application "LOGIN_MACRO_3"
activate
delay 30
end tell
end repeat
end if

When it chooses a random "Macro" it will open that file (Heres one for example):

tell application "FB_LOGOUT"
activate
delay 28
end tell
tell application "JOE_M_FB"
activate
delay 33
end tell
random number from 1 to 3
set b to result
if b = 1 then
tell application "FB_POST_1"
activate
end tell
else if b = 2 then
tell application "FB_POST_2"
activate
end tell
else if b = 3 then
tell application "FB_POST_3"
activate
end tell
end if

That will log in to the account and choose one of the posts...

All works out...Until the near end of the script,I get this error:
LOGIN_MACRO_1 got an error: Connection is invalid. (will say that for all of the "macros")
BUT only if I run the WHOLE application, if I run the Macro ITS SELF it is fine no errors. :confused: :confused: :confused:

At 14 I am VERY puzzled...thing is, I've been using apple script for 1 or 2 years and NEVER have I encountered this error.

//NIck