PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp and windows XP

bootcampsucks
May 19, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hey everyone I'm new the the forums and have run into a big problem. I recently partitioned my Macbook pro to have windows but only did about 10 gigs and was told I could change it at any time, this was in January, using windows XP. I recently wanted to add more space and wast old I had to remove windows and reinstall, but after some research I have found windows xp no longer works for bootcamp. Version 3.0.4 which is what I have. The disk stay in for 10 seconds and ejects. Is there a solution to this? How can I run an earlier version? Sorry if this has been answered but im lost here.

Thanks in advance

Hunts121
May 21, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone I'm new the the forums and have run into a big problem. I recently partitioned my Macbook pro to have windows but only did about 10 gigs and was told I could change it at any time, this was in January, using windows XP. I recently wanted to add more space and wast old I had to remove windows and reinstall, but after some research I have found windows xp no longer works for bootcamp. Version 3.0.4 which is what I have. The disk stay in for 10 seconds and ejects. Is there a solution to this? How can I run an earlier version? Sorry if this has been answered but im lost here.

Thanks in advance

If you are using a macbook pro model introduced in 2010 or later, Windows XP is no longer supported. I had an older Snow Leopard disc that I tried to get some of the drivers off of (probably wasn't gonna work, but figured it was worth a shot) and still no luck. Windows XP will boot but none of the features work on my macbook pro. I have to get Windows 7