PDA

View Full Version : SwitchEasy Nude for iPad 2

xraytech
May 19, 2011, 02:25 AM
For my money the best Full Coverage Polycarbonate Snap/Shell Case for the iPad 2.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPad2/NUDE_iPad2.php

For $30+ you get...

Case
Screen Protector
2 Folding Stands
2 Sets of Port Covers
Microfiber Cloth

... you also get a squeegee card but that's a one and done sort of thing.

Too late to post pics, I'll get to that tomorrow.

Bacong
May 19, 2011, 02:28 AM
I love SwitchEasy but I'm really disappointed in the NUDE for the iPad 1.

ipos
May 19, 2011, 07:50 AM
how is this compare to buddycover?

WalkingSnake
May 19, 2011, 08:12 AM
Awesome timing, I was just looking at this case. I think I'd like it with a good screen protector, since I don't have much interest in the smart cover.

However, part of me is also afraid of the screen being exposed so I may just bite the bullet and go for a cover buddy with a smart case.

I LOVE the little stands that come with the Nude though... they may not be for everyone, but they seem perfect for me.

Anyone have this case? Do you miss not having anything over the screen?

Xultar
May 19, 2011, 10:08 AM

The iPad 1 nude was the king of suckfest. I'd never buy a nude. I wouldn't even take a free one.

The coverbuddy is nice. They did a great job and it doesn't get all jacked up.

OneForGadgets
May 19, 2011, 10:15 AM
However, part of me is also afraid of the screen being exposed so I may just bite the bullet and go for a cover buddy with a smart case.

This would be also a concern of mine. Other than that the case is perfect for what I would want.

xraytech
May 19, 2011, 11:33 AM

The iPad 1 nude was the king of suckfest. I'd never buy a nude. I wouldn't even take a free one.

The coverbuddy is nice. They did a great job and it doesn't get all jacked up.

This version is a vast improvement from the first.

Why I like this over the CoverBuddy is that it has complete coverage on all four sides of the the iPad 2. And yes it is not Smart Cover Friendly but for those who do not use a Smart Cover, this is the best Snap/Shell case out there.

yOyOYoo
May 19, 2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks SwitchEasy, for not including any of these goodies in the Coverbuddy.

Seriously, what gives?!

xraytech
May 19, 2011, 02:25 PM

Seriously, what gives?!

Well the CoverBuddy has full coverage of all 4 sides, if you use a Smart Cover along with it. Without the Smart Cover you have one side exposed.

BergerFan
May 19, 2011, 04:52 PM

Seriously, what gives?!Well, the thinking is that you probably won't need a screen shield with the Cover Buddy, because if you have a Cover Buddy, then it's likely that you'll also have a Smart Cover too. :D

So basically, the Nude is a Cover Buddy, with the Smart Cover space, filled in.
Because it lies flush with the glass of the iPad 2, there's no 'lay-on-the-table' design, so the screen shields are necessary.

yOyOYoo
May 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
Well the CoverBuddy has full coverage of all 4 sides, if you use a Smart Cover along with it. Without the Smart Cover you have one side exposed.

I want a free screen protector! wahhhh

3goldens
May 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
Well, the thinking is that you probably won't need a screen shield with the Cover Buddy, because if you have a Cover Buddy, then it's likely that you'll also have a Smart Cover too. :D

So basically, the Nude is a Cover Buddy, with the Smart Cover space, filled in.
Because it lies flush with the glass of the iPad 2, there's no 'lay-on-the-table' design, so the screen shields are necessary.

Just curious, why would anyone lay an Ipad on a table,
or any surface for that matter, screen down?

gigemzach
May 19, 2011, 11:04 PM
I hated the nude for thei iPhone 4. Would hate to see this on my iPad 2. I love switcheasy, just not this product line.

BergerFan
May 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
or any surface for that matter, screen down?It's just a carry-over from the iPhone case arena.

Sebwil
Jun 12, 2011, 10:15 AM
anyone who has one already and who wants to give short review? Which color did you order? Do you like it? I'm considering the ultraclear or ultrablack one...

BlindMellon
Jun 13, 2011, 12:37 PM
or any surface for that matter, screen down?

You'd be crazy to, but you would at least want a screen protector on it...