PDA

View Full Version : Panther/G5 + Microphones?...

TENBLUE7
Mar 15, 2005, 04:25 PM
...I've just got round to the "skype" bandwagon and a very excited colleague called me on his brand new Powerbook G4 (Internal Mic working fine), off I went with cash in hand and bought a Hewlett Packard Mic only to realise when I got home that the chances of it working are slim to none.

I was right.

Any suggestions on a good cheap model that works?

It's for the best anyway as no-one could hear me over the fans spinning thanks to 10.3.8 - not an apple fan today, not at all :mad:

Thanks Christian

Windowlicker
Mar 16, 2005, 06:48 AM
It's for the best anyway as no-one could hear me over the fans spinning thanks to 10.3.8 - not an apple fan today, not at all :mad:

I'm sorry for not being able to give advice with the head set, but I might have a solution to the fan problem. In Enery Saver choose the Options tab and there put the processor performance to Highest. This worked for my friend who was experiencing the same problem after 10.3.8 update.

TENBLUE7
Mar 16, 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks for that!

Not noticed that one before - hope it works.

Christian

Veldek
Mar 16, 2005, 07:04 AM
I had a similar experience with a headset. Thing is the PowerMac needs a pre-amplified microphone. I think this is because of a missing soundcard. Just use a USB headset (just like I do) and you won't have a problem.