PDA

View Full Version : New Indie Developer to the community

pekedey
May 19, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to the world of iOS development, have started my own small business, and will be releasing my first app in the App Store sometime early next month.

I just wanted to hop on here and see if there are any other small companies developing here that want to maybe share ideas/experiences with running an indie dev business.

I don't really have any questions yet, but if you are out there give a holler and lets see how many of us there are.

dantastic
May 19, 2011, 08:37 AM
There are plenty of us! :cool:

RodThePlod
May 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
I'm brand new to the world of iOS development, have started my own small business, and will be releasing my first app in the App Store sometime early next month.

Good luck with the release next month and welcome to the forums. You'll find this place an invaluable resource as you get your project into the hands of many ;)

RTP.

forum user
May 20, 2011, 07:01 AM
I guess since xcode4 was made available for anybody who has $5 to spend, many have been scared away from here by the flood of question that could have been answered with less than 5 second of googling.

It is appreciated to see somebody posting just a friendly Hello.

Hello pekedey, good luck with the release!

- Olaf

dejo
May 20, 2011, 08:43 AM
Hello everyone,
Hello, pekedey, and welcome aboard!

Congratulations. And I wish you the best of luck with your business. May it be more successful than you dreamed.

As for your first app, can you give us any hints as to what it might be? Something to get our juices flowing. :)

I just wanted to hop on here and see if there are any other small companies developing here that want to maybe share ideas/experiences with running an indie dev business.
There are plenty of indie developers in this forum, almost certainly the majority. And I think you'll find most of them willing to help. I would also suspect that most of them are developing for the "love" of it rather than because they are "rolling in the dough". I know that's the case for me.