PDA

View Full Version : Set iPad 2 to different 'home' computer

Mary H
May 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
When the iPad 2 arrived didn't really know much about it and proceeded to set it up with my iMac (the older desktop computer). I want to change it to my MacBook Pro as the laptop and the iPad will often travel together. I didn't realize it would recognize one computer as the primary one.

When I tried to sync the apps it completely removed the pre-installed ones on the iPad. I had gladly learned how to do a soft reset last night and so was able to restore the iPad but I need to be able to manage the iPad from the laptop.

Now I would like to change the MacBook to be the primary computer connected to the iPad, can I do that and if so, how?

Thanks,
mary

spiderman0616
May 19, 2011, 10:28 AM
When the iPad 2 arrived didn't really know much about it and proceeded to set it up with my iMac (the older desktop computer). I want to change it to my MacBook Pro as the laptop and the iPad will often travel together. I didn't realize it would recognize one computer as the primary one.

When I tried to sync the apps it completely removed the pre-installed ones on the iPad. I had gladly learned how to do a soft reset last night and so was able to restore the iPad but I need to be able to manage the iPad from the laptop.

Now I would like to change the MacBook to be the primary computer connected to the iPad, can I do that and if so, how?

Thanks,
mary

You just plug it into the computer and let it set up your iPad as a new iPad.

silverblack
May 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
You need to move or merge the iTunes library to your new computer. Do a search, here is one guide
http://ipod.about.com/od/howtos/a/transfer_itunes.htm