PDA

View Full Version : Would love an FAQ or comparison posting of cases

dacapo
May 20, 2011, 12:08 PM
I know that there is no shortage of posts related to specific iPad2 cases.

Is there anyone here or anywhere on the Net that has a comparison of the top choice cases?

3goldens
May 20, 2011, 12:19 PM
I know that there is no shortage of posts related to specific iPad2 cases.

Is there anyone here or anywhere on the Net that has a comparison of the top choice cases?

Well there's certainly enough information here for you to put one together and post!

dacapo
May 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
Well there's certainly enough information here for you to put one together and post!

It'd be hard by myself, as I just got my iPad 2 today and haven't been around this specific forum long enough.

But, if someone would respond with the top 5-6 cases to consider, then I (or anyone else willing) can try to put one together.

Hmm...

I'm reading through all the posts again, and the amount of misinformation and/or supposedly honest forum participants defending case sellers reeks to me of manipulation.

In particular, I just read Treegloo's two threads, and have to think that something is up.

Oh well, I might have to just settle for a "smart cover + mba 11 incase cover" that I came across somewhere on this forum.

Although, I kinda like the Maroo stuff, there do seem to be some build issues on the interior.

And then there's Yoobao stuff, which seems to be generally smelly.

swishbrade
May 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
It'd be hard by myself, as I just got my iPad 2 today and haven't been around this specific forum long enough.

But, if someone would respond with the top 5-6 cases to consider, then I (or anyone else willing) can try to put one together.

Hmm...

I'm reading through all the posts again, and the amount of misinformation and/or supposedly honest forum participants defending case sellers reeks to me of manipulation.

In particular, I just read Treegloo's two threads, and have to think that something is up.

Oh well, I might have to just settle for a "smart cover + mba 11 incase cover" that I came across somewhere on this forum.

Although, I kinda like the Maroo stuff, there do seem to be some build issues on the interior.

And then there's Yoobao stuff, which seems to be generally smelly.

Haha. Point noted. Well us nameless forum folk are here mostly for the fun of it, and the banter on a Fri night.

For the cases, you have to start off with the style of case which you like. If you want it to be slim and super light, that combo you mentioned is a good direction to go after. Afterwhich, you'd know which brands you'd want and which reviews to zoom into for a best choice.

I'm trying to list the popular cases by weight but the response doesn't seem to be encouraging.

glen e
May 20, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not into writing long diatribes but would be happy to answer any specific questions about P&Q, TG or Portenzo. I own them all and have used all of them extensively. For diff reasons, I like them all and that's not a political answer, they all have shortcomings and advantages. No single case looms as superior over the others.They all weigh the same at .6 lb
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/966f9e27.jpg

swishbrade
May 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
They all weigh the same at .6 lb

Cool! Thanks Glen!

dacapo
May 20, 2011, 02:58 PM
I ended up going with this one based on the Amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7KTF4