Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tokedk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Hey People,

I have had this problem with my wireless Internet connection for the last few days; I'm running a 20/2 connection and every thing was good running a 17/1,7. But then all of a sudden while "not" Downloading a film It dropped to a 2/1.3 connection? The last program I Installed was hotspotShield- it's deleted now.

Btw, It's only the wireless connection that's the problem. Wired connection is running normal.

In the last few days I have tried the following solves:

Reboting; Computer, Router and Wireless Router in that order and at the same time.

I have reset all settings for Computer, Router and Wireless Router.

Tracking, fingering, spoofing etc.

I tried changing the wireless settings to b+g / b / g. Going without password, WPA and WEP still no luck.

I'm getting so annoyed, Please if anyone can help me out here. I would be so thankfull!!

Kind Regards,

Toke, Denmark

i.moroney

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
It sounds like a router problem to me.

I would try calling your Internet Service Provider and see what they have too say.

If they can't do anything try looking at your routers warranty too see if you can get it replaced if not; you may need to buy a new router:(
:apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.