PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Online Order Status Pages Down Until Sunday's Retail Meeting

MacRumors
May 20, 2011, 07:33 PM
http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/20/apples-online-order-status-pages-down-until-sundays-retail-meeting/)

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/05/retail.jpg

(http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/05/retail.jpg)
Apple is upgrading its online order status pages this weekend. The above message is displayed if you try to access your Order Status from Apple's Online Apple Store (http://store.apple.com) (thanks Jordan). The downtime corresponds to Apple's May 22nd retail event (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/16/apple-schedules-extended-retail-meetings-may-22nd/).

While there were some high hopes about the event, the latest rumors suggest that the event corresponds to many Apple Retail changes and improvements such as a revamped concierge system and other internal systems. The online order status must be tied into the upgrades.

Article Link: Apple's Online Order Status Pages Down Until Sunday's Retail Meeting (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/20/apples-online-order-status-pages-down-until-sundays-retail-meeting/)

iDisk
May 20, 2011, 07:38 PM
guess apple didn't get the memo about May 21st? /sarcasm

ConnorTurnbull
May 20, 2011, 07:47 PM

There will be no apocalypse until Steve says there will be an apocalypse ;)

firestarter
May 20, 2011, 07:51 PM

I thought you believed that sort of nonsense? :rolleyes:

(Oh yes, it's just the bit about Saturday you're not sure about).

BJMRamage
May 20, 2011, 07:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is a sale for those Rapture Survivors.

Sounds like it could be big or just a new checkout process. AppleBucks or iBucks.

iDisk
May 20, 2011, 07:53 PM

Lol good one... Hey I didn't need CNN to tell me this, but aparently Apple is becoming "Evangelical" (http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/index.html?hpt=Sbin)

I thought you believed that sort of nonsense? :rolleyes:

(Oh yes, it's just the bit about Saturday you're not sure about).

Dude those people are Freaking crazy lol I read Matthew 24:36 but apparently they didn't. Come May 21st I will be biking and enjoying my day like everybody else

firestarter
May 20, 2011, 08:02 PM
Dude those people are Freaking crazy lol I read Matthew 24:36 but apparently they didn't. Come May 21st I will be biking and enjoying my day like everybody else

Dude, the Saturday bit isn't the crazy bit.

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)

ciTiger
May 20, 2011, 08:04 PM
Fingers crossed for something new and great!

shanmugam
May 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
i can see apple online store, what is going? :confused:

The Beatles
May 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
Safari seems snappier!

saving107
May 20, 2011, 08:18 PM

Same,

It's 6:18 pm here in California and the online apple store is still up.

Edit:

Never mind above, it's just the ordering status section (like the article says) is down.

Stuipdboy1000
May 20, 2011, 08:19 PM

It's only order status that's down.

Music_Producer
May 20, 2011, 08:20 PM
Same,

It's 6:18 pm here in California and the online apple store is still up.

It's not the online store that is affected - it's the 'order status' page.. read guys, read.

shanmugam
May 20, 2011, 08:25 PM

thanks

Vol7ron
May 20, 2011, 08:32 PM

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Do you believe that wind exists? Can you see the wind, or just the effects of the wind?

PatrickCocoa
May 20, 2011, 08:33 PM
"it's online order status pages" should be:
"its online order status pages".

I don't believe this violates the terms forbidding improving other posters' grammar, since it's directed at whomever at MacRumors writes the introductions.

Stuipdboy1000
May 20, 2011, 08:34 PM
Order Status is down in the UK too. Seems if this is part of something bigger, it'll be international.

Vol7ron
May 20, 2011, 08:37 PM
Good thing this isn't durning a major product launch....Lots of people would be sad that they couldn't hit the refresh button every 5 seconds to see if their status changed from not yet shipped to prepared for shipment and shipped.....I know I would be for those couple of days...

firestarter
May 20, 2011, 08:38 PM
Do you believe that wind exists? Can you see the wind, or just the effects of the wind?

If you have wind issues, I understand that this can help (http://www.flatulenceremedyinfo.com/).

Dr Kevorkian94
May 20, 2011, 08:39 PM
the only reason there would be an apocalypse is if society is "doing it wrong" lol bad joke but this is probably to just tie the site to the new enhancements to the stores. all the new things that users can sign up for on line for in store etc.

Vol7ron
May 20, 2011, 08:40 PM
If you have wind issues, I understand that this can help (http://www.flatulenceremedyinfo.com/).

LOL...That only happens after I eat at Taco Bell....

applefan289
May 20, 2011, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I give that date about as much importance as a fart in the wind.

TonyMil
May 20, 2011, 08:51 PM
Could this also tie in to the event at the production plant today?
You can't check order status this way.

zero-beat
May 20, 2011, 08:56 PM
:/ Just when i wanted to check the status on my iPad 2 :,/

palter
May 20, 2011, 09:17 PM

Actually, it appears that you also can't renew memberships in the various Apple developer programs (iOS, Mac, Safari) right now as you get "Apple Store is unavailable".

mstrmac
May 20, 2011, 09:42 PM

you fit in that group

AtariMac
May 20, 2011, 09:55 PM

Amen brother.

kiljoy616
May 20, 2011, 10:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds like it could be big or just a new checkout process. AppleBucks or iBucks.

Or it could be the new iRapt. :rolleyes:

kiljoy616
May 20, 2011, 10:13 PM
Lol good one... Hey I didn't need CNN to tell me this, but aparently Apple is becoming "Evangelical" (http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/index.html?hpt=Sbin)

They are all Freaking Crazy and most have never read their own interpretation of their Holy Book thing. :rolleyes:

As for Apple becoming Evangelical never going to happen but dam that what it seems for the FanGirls if you say the wrong thing.

PS: Maybe Apple is getting ready for the Rapture After Special :p

charlituna
May 20, 2011, 10:20 PM
the only reason there would be an apocalypse is if society is "doing it wrong"

well they were calling it the Jesuspad.

Goohfy
May 20, 2011, 10:26 PM
My Apple Care will protect me.

KingCrimson
May 20, 2011, 10:28 PM
Seriously this is a major fail. I can't remember Amazon's order status EVER being down.

DisMyMac
May 20, 2011, 10:41 PM
Guyana... Apple is moving to Guyana...

DisMyMac
May 20, 2011, 10:54 PM

I have to assume Steve and the board of Apple are personally connected to which ever government agencies might know if something dramatic were about to happen. It's not inconceivable that they are closing down in response. I don't "believe in" anything, I'm just saying there are a lot of crazy things in the news lately, so it could make sense.

hobo.hopkins
May 20, 2011, 11:00 PM
I have to assume Steve and the board of Apple are personally connected to which ever government agencies might know if something dramatic were about to happen. It's not inconceivable that they are closing down in response. I don't "believe in" anything, I'm just saying there are a lot of crazy things in the news lately, so it could make sense.

No it couldn't. Not even in the slightest. Why would you "have to assume" that Apple is personally connected with government agencies aware of impending disasters? That doesn't make any sense at all.

AidenShaw
May 20, 2011, 11:01 PM
Seriously this is a major fail. I can't remember Amazon's order status EVER being down.

How true - Apple loves the drama and hype that runs rampant among the fan girls whenever the website posts an "update" notice.

Most websites, even some far larger and busier than Apple, handle updates without service interruptions.

Either Apple's webmeisters are incompetent, or Apple is trying to stoke the hype associated with any change. (I'll go with the latter.)

DisMyMac
May 20, 2011, 11:12 PM
No it couldn't. Not even in the slightest. Why would you "have to assume" that Apple is personally connected with government agencies aware of impending disasters? That doesn't make any sense at all.

We'll see.

snebes
May 20, 2011, 11:34 PM

Seriously. Its just the order status page. Get a grip.

iMJustAGuy
May 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
New iPhone!

lilo777
May 21, 2011, 12:03 AM

I don't think Apple could not keep their services running either. But that's not what they want. They need to do it to make iSheeps "suffering". That's how the cults operate. Amazon customers would be enraged but Apple customers only get even more excited.

mlmathews
May 21, 2011, 12:13 AM
Maybe Apple needs to acquire some company that knows how to roll out website updates without taking the site offline. It shouldn't be hard, since there are thousands of such companies. After that, maybe they can acquire a company that knows how to create an OS patching scheme that doesn't require downloading a whole new copy of the OS to fix something minor (like location tracking bugs).

bpeeps
May 21, 2011, 12:15 AM
Good thing this isn't durning a major product launch....Lots of people would be sad that they couldn't hit the refresh button every 5 seconds to see if their status changed from not yet shipped to prepared for shipment and shipped.....I know I would be for those couple of days...

That's actually me right now, just ordered an iMac. And I was like WTF, no email confirmation... just take my CC numbers and that's it?

skinnylegs
May 21, 2011, 12:16 AM

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)The crazy bit is describing our creator as an invisible egomaniac. :)

ericmooreart
May 21, 2011, 12:38 AM

Apple is suing because of the "AP" in apocalypse. It will be on hold indefinitely

ericmooreart
May 21, 2011, 12:42 AM
my apple care will protect me.

:)

firestarter
May 21, 2011, 02:48 AM
The crazy bit is describing our creator as an invisible egomaniac. :)

Just for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg

nanolover
May 21, 2011, 06:25 AM
I don't believe this violates the terms forbidding improving other posters' grammar, since it's directed at whomever at MacRumors writes the introductions.

Be careful he who casts the first stone..."at whomever writes" doesn't quite sound correct...:rolleyes:

steadysignal
May 21, 2011, 07:06 AM

nice!

Bonte
May 21, 2011, 09:24 AM

It's not because we don't understand something it has to be from God, in that logic Apple and Steve are god-like because nobody really understands how Apple became the biggest tech company on earth. That's crazy, right? :confused:

sined13
May 21, 2011, 09:31 AM
Do you believe that wind exists?

One's "beliefs" have nothing to do with whether the wind exists or not.

Can you see the wind, or just the effects of the wind?

Everyone can experience and measure air displacement (a.k.a. wind). You can run repeatable experiments with accurate, predictable results about wind.

Warbrain
May 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
Maybe Apple needs to acquire some company that knows how to roll out website updates without taking the site offline. It shouldn't be hard, since there are thousands of such companies. After that, maybe they can acquire a company that knows how to create an OS patching scheme that doesn't require downloading a whole new copy of the OS to fix something minor (like location tracking bugs).

You do know that they do the website out of hype, not because their system can't handle it, right?

And yes, while the download of a completely new IPSW is annoying it's largely a carryover from the iPod days.

petteri
May 21, 2011, 03:44 PM
This shutting down parts of the web site for these updates is getting old. Just update the damn thing and roll it out. Really how much "hype" is to be gained from the order status section anyway?!?! :confused:

Epic Xbox Revie
May 21, 2011, 09:24 PM
this shutting down parts of the web site for these updates is getting old. Just update the damn thing and roll it out. Really how much "hype" is to be gained from the order status section anyway?!?! :confused:

yeah!

eagandale4114
May 22, 2011, 11:01 AM
It's back up now. Nothing new or special as far as I can see. :rolleyes:

caspersoong
May 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Maybe that's one advantage of countries without Apple Stores.