Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

demariners

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
I added some tv shows from my computer to Apple TV and i find it annoying that it shows the "Added Date". Is there a way to remove this from showing on the Apple TV? Furthermore, I notice that if I change the cover art for certain seasons it still shows the First season as the main cover art for the show. Is there a way to make a main cover art show for the entire show and then have seasons have their own cover?

I currently use iDentify.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
So far as I know there isn't a way to remove the added date from displaying in Apple TV.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Try MetaX?

Maybe this will help out for what you looking for.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/metax.html

Do NOT use this. Software is incredibly outdated and Mac version hasn't been supported by the developer in a long time. Do a quick search for MetaX in this forum and you'll quickly see a long list of posters having problems with media tagged by MetaX. Identify2 is already far superior.

And sorry but I don't think there is a way, at least that I know of, to remove the date added field from displaying on the Apple TV.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Do NOT use this. Software is incredibly outdated and Mac version hasn't been supported by the developer in a long time. Do a quick search for MetaX in this forum and you'll quickly see a long list of posters having problems with media tagged by MetaX. Identify2 is already far superior.

And sorry but I don't think there is a way, at least that I know of, to remove the date added field from displaying on the Apple TV.

I agree on both but especially stay aay from metaX. Use subler or the free version of iDentify2. If you don't mind paying, use the paid version of identify2 or iflicks, both great apps and worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.