Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitsap2

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
Usually, Seattle, Washington
I am not sure if it's even possible, but has/does anyone use this combination?

I currently use PSE 6 as the external editor for A3, but all of my tries to use Silkypix, have failed. I can set it up as the external editor. But any images that I send to it for editing, do not show up in A3 as having been modified.

Example, I like some features of Silkypix more than PSE6. But when it comes to saving (Silkypix calls it, "Develope"), there is a myriad of selections to actuate the process. I guess I'm not using it correctly.

Perplexed in Seattle.

Tom

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Do I understand correctly that you can use Silkypix to edit your photos but the changes don't save back into Aperture? The app may perform operations on the image that A3 doesn't recognize. The Adobe products may be the only ones that Aperture has been programed to recognize. If you really like the app, save your finished images in a seperate folder on your system.

Dale

kitsap2

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
Usually, Seattle, Washington
Do I understand correctly that you can use Silkypix to edit your photos but the changes don't save back into Aperture? The app may perform operations on the image that A3 doesn't recognize. The Adobe products may be the only ones that Aperture has been programed to recognize. If you really like the app, save your finished images in a seperate folder on your system.

Dale

Yes, you are correct. PSE6 places the modified/edited image in the same location as the master, but it's in tiff format.

I'll have to see what Silkypix does, but I'm pretty sure it's also, tiff format.

Thanks for you input, Dale, I appreciate a stab at it. And yes, I could save the final/finished image to another folder, but sometimes I'm not finished with the image after modifying in Silkypix. Such as when I needed to straighten some tall buildings, due to 'keystoning', and then return to PSE6.

Oh well, back to the editing board.

Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.