PDA

View Full Version : Finder Crash

Killerbob
May 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi,

My MP is running Lion (DP3), and I just noticed today that when drag-n-dropping big files (1GB+), sometimes the finder just crashes. It relaunches, and I can try again. A "ghost" file is left in the destination location which I have to delete.

This has happened to me trying to copy .mkv files from my MP to my NAS, a ReadyNAS Pro with shares mounted via AFP.

When I select the files, copy using cmd-c, or via the finder menu, and then cmd-v, or paste via menu, it works just fine. So, just when using drag-n-drop-

If this an issue, or just me:confused:

Bo

celticpride678
May 22, 2011, 02:12 PM
I've noticed this too, but not on 1 GB+ files. More like 100 MB+.

Killerbob
May 22, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hi celticpride678,

Is this also when you drag-n-drop files to a NAS?

I wonder what Apple has been playing around with? I know a program I use, which scans the NAS is not working under Lion, supposedly because it is using the protocol in a different way, and Apple supposedly has updated AFP.

Wonder if it would be a problem using another protocol. I'll try...

Bo

celticpride678
May 22, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hi celticpride678,

Is this also when you drag-n-drop files to a NAS?

I wonder what Apple has been playing around with? I know a program I use, which scans the NAS is not working under Lion, supposedly because it is using the protocol in a different way, and Apple supposedly has updated AFP.

Wonder if it would be a problem using another protocol. I'll try...

Bo

Nope, happens when dragging an updated version of an app into the Applications folder.