Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alickweber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi, I'm running a G4 14inch 1ghz iBook, with a 60gbHD, but only have the standard 256mb RAM. I am hoping to upgrade, and was wondering if anyone knew if some RAM that i am looking at buying is any good for my computer. The RAM i'm looking at is "SMART Modular 512MB DDR266/PC2100 SODIMM".
If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it, thanks very much... :)

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
alickweber said:
Hi, I'm running a G4 14inch 1ghz iBook, with a 60gbHD, but only have the standard 256mb RAM. I am hoping to upgrade, and was wondering if anyone knew if some RAM that i am looking at buying is any good for my computer. The RAM i'm looking at is "SMART Modular 512MB DDR266/PC2100 SODIMM".
If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it, thanks very much... :)
Go to Crucial or OWC to get your RAM. They specifically pick out your the RAM that should work in your iBook.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
alickweber said:
Hi, I'm running a G4 14inch 1ghz iBook, with a 60gbHD, but only have the standard 256mb RAM. ...The RAM i'm looking at is "SMART Modular 512MB DDR266/PC2100 SODIMM".
Although this specification is correct as far as it goes (PC2100 SODIMM) there is just no way to determine if it is iBook compatible.

I recommend that you only buy from a supplier who provides a written guarantee of compatibility with your model Mac.

In the USA I like Data Memory Systems http://www.datamem.com/viewcat.asp?C=1152

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.