Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

modafroman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys,

I got a Pixelskin HD for my iPhone 4 with the case program back in the day, but now I'm kind of getting over it. It's stretched a little bit and so it doesn't fit as snugly and the edges keep lifting up my screen protector.

So, whats the best/most popular case around these days to get? I kinda want a similar style of case... maybe this time in clear, I dunno. It would be cool to get an Aluminium style case, but I'd want one with a back too instead of just a bumper... are there any of those around that exist that aren't too crazy expensive?

Thanks guys :)

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Well, an almost zero risk one to try ($9.99) is the MagPul. I am surprised how much I like mind (in Flat Dark earth color). Just a nice design with a nice feel. No clear, however.

modafroman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I got bored of that case too, I got an orange Apple bumper next, now I have a Speck Fitted Case, quite nice but the fabric back isn't for everyone. If you want an Aluminium case how about the Cygnett Aviator? It's dockable too and not too expensive.

I do like the look of some of the fitted cases, but I dunno if I want that style of case... hrm.

Anything from switcheasy except for the trim.

Funny you should say that, We got my mum a switcheasy trim for her iphone 4, its actually a pretty nice case.

Well, an almost zero risk one to try ($9.99) is the MagPul. I am surprised how much I like mind (in Flat Dark earth color). Just a nice design with a nice feel. No clear, however.

Just had a look at them.... not really a fan of the design :\

Not looking for a otterbox style case, I hate those tank looking style cases... I just want a nice looking, slim but still protective case.

Anything else I should look at?

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
Has anybody used the cygnett aviator?? I've been searching for real photos of it, but with no luck. I'm curious how thick it is? From the marketing photos, it looks like it might add a lot of bulk, but it's hard to say.

Anyone?

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom
lrgscalecase-cygnett-Aviator-Silver-iPhone4-H.jpg

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
The light gray aluminum and the darker colored bottom piece evokes memories of the 2G.

If only they made the bottom piece in black or a darker shade of gray :(

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Just had a look at them.... not really a fan of the design :\

Not looking for a otterbox style case, I hate those tank looking style cases... I just want a nice looking, slim but still protective case.

Anything else I should look at?

The Magpul case is extremely slim - don't let the rugged looks fool you. It's a great case and nothing like an otterbox at all.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Can anyone recommend any other cases? Getting really sick of the Pixelskin HD now, it keeps ripping up my screen protector even more and more argh.

Really? The HD is he best case I have ever used for NOT causing my screen guard to peal. I had my last one on for 8 months till I scratched it.

modafroman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Really? The HD is he best case I have ever used for NOT causing my screen guard to peal. I had my last one on for 8 months till I scratched it.

Yep. Because the case has stretched just ever so slightly and no longer fits the case all that well (the phone moves about in the case), and because the sides of the HD are pretty flexible, it just digs up the screen protector. I've applied about 5 different screen protectors (i'm on my 4th iphone 4 now because of various faults and ****ups on Apples behalf) and every single one has lifted up, and they have all been perfect applies.

I'm thinking now I might get a Switcheasy Trim. They look great, I got my mum one for her iPhone and its worked brilliantly, and they are sold locally and they're not that expensive.

Otherwise I dunno, I would like to get one of the aluminium bumper style cases but they're way too expensive and I want the back protected too. *shrugs*

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Cute Leven Design Panda case for iphone 4 is great.

Attachments

• IMGP3422.jpg
    IMGP3422.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 78

tekbeattv

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Hey guys,

I got a Pixelskin HD for my iPhone 4 with the case program back in the day, but now I'm kind of getting over it. It's stretched a little bit and so it doesn't fit as snugly and the edges keep lifting up my screen protector.

So, whats the best/most popular case around these days to get? I kinda want a similar style of case... maybe this time in clear, I dunno. It would be cool to get an Aluminium style case, but I'd want one with a back too instead of just a bumper... are there any of those around that exist that aren't too crazy expensive?

Thanks guys :)

Hmmm there are a ton of cases out there but if you want to try out a case that is similar in style, might want to check out incipio's microtexture case:

Incipio Microtexture Case

Hope this helps and let me know if you want some other suggestions (I have reviewed and used a ton of cases)

Will

modafroman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hmmm there are a ton of cases out there but if you want to try out a case that is similar in style, might want to check out incipio's microtexture case:

Incipio Microtexture Case

Hope this helps and let me know if you want some other suggestions (I have reviewed and used a ton of cases)

Will

Thanks, but i'm not a fan of the front lip that that case has.

I'm still thinking the Switcheasy Trim might be the way to go.... or maybe the Vulcan?

I dunno. All I really want is just a nice looking, slim case that doesnt bubble screen protectors and is going to protect my phone (so no snap in style cases nor big tanks like the lifeproof/otterbox). Hrm. The PSHD is pretty great apart from being warped out of shape and bubbling my screen protector :\

Last edited:

modafroman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Just contacted Speck and they're going to send me a replacement for the Pixelskin HD, its just become way too loose and almost unusable.

I opted to go for the SeeThru Satin Black as my first choice for replacement and then another Pixelskin HD as my second. :)

bryann9182

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
yeah Speck is sending me a replacement for my overly stiff PixelSkin as well. They are good with customer service :D

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I just got a white Incase slider perforated. It's not lifting up my PowerSupport Crystal shield. It's a nicely made case that looks different and clean. Very happy with it.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Thanks, but I was hoping somebody might have some close-ups of the case rather than the marketing pictures. Judging by those pics, it looks great!

Agreed, would love to see someone do a review on this case. Looks great from the promotion pic!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.