PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can hire/commission a task to create script?

Lifequest
May 23, 2011, 06:14 AM
I am looking for someone to create a repeated task script or program (whichever you like to call it).
I wish to scan heaps of pictures. They are quite standard, however, they are too big in size and have a grey background. I waste a lot of time opening each picture only to perform the same tiresome task.

IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR MAC OSX 10.6.7
The task that is to be repeated is:
1. Open folder at specified location
2. Rename all files in that folder in numerical order (1, 2, 3...100 etc)
3a. Then it is to open each file one at a time and edit.
3b. It is to be opened with Photoshop CS5 (I have CS5 installed)
3c. The "magic wand tool" is selected and a co-ordinate of the image file is selected
3d. This selected section will be deleted (keyboard entry: "delete")
3e. File is to be resized (i.e. 20%)
3f. File is then saved and to replace the opened file.
4. Repeat 3a-3f for next file in queue.

I see this as 2-3 separate small scripts (I don't know much about scripting so will leave it up to you).
Script 1: Open folder, rename all files in numerical order. Proceed to open file no. 1 with CS5, run script 2.
Script 2: This might just be a CS5 action (magic wand selects section to be cleared) - saves and overwrites opened file.
Script 3: loop.

I am more than happy to pay a few hundred for this to be done. Anyone know where I can hire? I've posted a job up on freelancer. More than happy if some MR member wants to help for a bit of dosh (pop me through a PM). Or if what I specified is REALLY easy and that there's a tool for it, please let me know :)

MasConejos
May 23, 2011, 09:58 AM
1 and 2 are easy to do with an Automator script

Can you elaborate on 3c and 3d? How is the coordinate determined? Are you cropping out something specific, or something constant like cropping out the edges of the picture so that only the central portion remains?

kainjow
May 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
Requests like this aren't allowed here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=604011