PDA

View Full Version : Objective-c exam

yaniv92648
May 23, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hi,
I searched the web for about two hours for an iPhone development exam or an objective-c exam and to no avail. anyone can help?
Thanks!

Sykte
May 23, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hi,
I searched the web for about two hours for an iPhone development exam or an objective-c exam and to no avail. anyone can help?
Thanks!

Come with an idea for an app, then create it, publish it. Best exam possible.

Why are you looking for an exam?

Shawnpk
May 23, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hi,
Thanks!

What type of iPhone or Objective-C exam are you looking for? Something to test how much you know about both/either?

yaniv92648
May 24, 2011, 01:44 AM
I'm looking for an iOS exam or an Objective-c exam to test potential iOS developers for a job. i know i can ask them for applications they developed and uploaded to the AppStore and i have done this so far, still i want a certain test.
i appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Hansr
May 24, 2011, 02:00 AM
If you are going to be checking for specific knowledge for hiring purposes why not sit down and design the exam yourself? Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

amorya
May 24, 2011, 02:58 AM
I'm looking for an iOS exam or an Objective-c exam to test potential iOS developers for a job. i know i can ask them for applications they developed and uploaded to the AppStore and i have done this so far, still i want a certain test.
i appreciate your help.
Thanks.

When I interviewed for my current job, I was handed a couple of snippets of objective-C code and asked to talk them through any mistakes I could find. There were things like memory management problems, and I think one of them had some recursion that didn't exit properly or something. They were only about 20 lines long each, it was how I described the problems that counted, not just whether I found them all.

Shawnpk
May 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
If you are going to be checking for specific knowledge for hiring purposes why not sit down and design the exam yourself? Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

+1. If you create your own exam, you can make sure your potential hires know exactly what you need them to know.

firewood
May 24, 2011, 03:23 PM
+1. If you create your own exam, you can make sure your potential hires know exactly what you need them to know.

Unless the OP, like many top managers, wants to hire somebody who knows a lot more than he does about that hire's area of specialty. It's +1 if a candidate can answer a question better than I can, and I learn something from it (whether or not I end up hiring that candidate! And as long as the answer checks out afterward during due diligence).