PDA

View Full Version : MS Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth

qzak
Mar 16, 2005, 09:57 PM
hey guys, i was at best buy today and needed a wireless keyboard/mouse for my new powerbook. i figured i've never had anything bluetooth before and since this baby has it, why not go with the bluetooth so i picked up the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth (what the hell is up with the price btw, expensive little bugger!)

anyway, this being my first mac i totally forgot to even think about it being compatible till i got home and almost opened the box. i saw it say on the back for Windows XP only. i searched the forums and found people have been using the MS Optical set before but didnt see anyone using this Bluetooth one, so before i opened it i figured i'd ask if any of you guys had it or knew if it would work for sure?

thanks!

YS2003
Mar 16, 2005, 10:23 PM
If I were you, I would return that thing to the store and buy Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I have one hooked up to my Al PB. Good battery life. Very compact (no outer edge unlike other keyboards). I like the tidiness of Apple Keyboard so much, which prompted me to buy Apple's regular keyboard for my Ti PB.

qzak
Mar 16, 2005, 10:29 PM
i thought about that, i like the look of 'em, but i want a mouse/keyboard set that goes together (just makes the whole appearance of ur setup look nicer, ya know) and i'm really not wanting to go to the one button apple mouse. not just because its one button, i could get used to that i'm sure, but the MS/Logitech mice just feel soo much better in ur hand, the apple mouse isn't form-fitted at all beyond the basic curve design.

clayj
Mar 16, 2005, 10:33 PM
i thought about that, i like the look of 'em, but i want a mouse/keyboard set that goes together (just makes the whole appearance of ur setup look nicer, ya know) and i'm really not wanting to go to the one button apple mouse. not just because its one button, i could get used to that i'm sure, but the MS/Logitech mice just feel soo much better in ur hand, the apple mouse isn't form-fitted at all beyond the basic curve design.Get the USB Wireless Optical Desktop Elite... it has the integrated look you want, and it works with both Windows PCs and Macs. I'm using one right now with my Mac mini and with 2 Sony PCs.