PDA

View Full Version : So I just bought an iPad and have 15 days to return it if something is wrong with it.

LiveFreeDie
May 23, 2011, 11:45 AM
So I just bought an iPad 2 at Walmart and have 15 days to return it if there are any issues with it. So I was wondering if you folks might be able to tell me what to look out for when it comes to iPad 2 issues.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I did notice a thread about the back light bleeding which I think I understand what they are describing... Anything else I should know?

Thank you.

syclick
May 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
Look for dead pixels and/or dust under the screen.

blevins321
May 23, 2011, 12:34 PM
Check to make sure that the screen doesn't seem yellow in the corners. Mine was fine, but I was at BestBuy with someone who was exchanging hers for this reason.

jbud72
May 23, 2011, 12:42 PM
Check for backlight bleed...there's a thread somewhere on the first page with loads of info and pics. And as someone else said, check for dead pixels and dust under the screen.

Legion93
May 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
Your iPad screen's colour temperature can either be warm (neutral colours) or cool (usually bluish colours). I hate the screen on my iPad; the whites appear kind of a more warmish yellow colour. Can't be bothered to go in for a replacement since this is my 3rd one due to back light issues on the previous ones (and a little on this one too). Just pointing out if you'd noticed the screen colour variations. But it's just a game of luck, just like the iPhones - some screens are different and provide different colour clarity.

SPEEDwithJJ
May 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
You might also want to check that the edges of the screen does not come off from the metal base/edges. Check out the following thread too:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1155071

Good luck & congrats on your purchase. :)

mokeiko
May 23, 2011, 01:33 PM
But it's just a game of luck, just like the iPhones - some screens are different and provide different colour clarity.

+1

I totaly agree, I had the same problems with iPhones and iPads in the past. I refuse to accept that it's normal to live with "pee yellow" screens. It's a shame that there are no consistencies with quality with these Apple devices.

GadgetAddict
May 23, 2011, 01:50 PM
Actually, I believe you have 15 days to return if you don't like it, don't want it etc. If there's something wrong with it, it is covered under warranty for 1 year.

So no need to rush!... :D

Legion93
May 23, 2011, 05:26 PM
+1

I totaly agree, I had the same problems with iPhones and iPads in the past. I refuse to accept that it's normal to live with "pee yellow" screens. It's a shame that there are no consistencies with quality with these Apple devices.

Yeah, but you can't really blame Apple and their lack of consistent quality checks with their products. I definitely agree Apple's quality on their products is top notch. However, because they use parts from different vendors like some iPads using an LG screen and some Samsung screen. Despite regular quality checks, no product from two different manufacturers will be 100% identical. ;)