PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Starcraft 2 or a Starcraft related game coming form Blizz.

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 19, 2002, 02:21 PM
On the Blizz site they have a timer counting down....the timer is kind of like a cryptogram.

At each minute it displays a number on the timer page....those letters have been decoded by some people at Warcraftiii.net

The coded message is

"Someone call for an exterminator?"

That is the line that the Ghost units(Terran) say.

Most likely SC2 will be annouced...or a FPS...though i feel its going to be SC2.

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 19, 2002, 02:32 PM
It is confirmed!

www.starcraft2.com

links to the blizz counter.

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 19, 2002, 02:45 PM
Im still not sure though.

Due to the announcement being at the Tokyo game show...which is all console based almost....we will see.

Its obviously based in the SC world.

xelterran
Sep 19, 2002, 03:47 PM
as long as its not some crappy console game :)

Tiauguinho
Sep 19, 2002, 04:26 PM
Only 2h35m until we know what will be released...

mischief
Sep 19, 2002, 04:39 PM
In the Bonus BW level.

So SC2 would have (perhaps) 2 new races? The Xel Naga and the new "Synthesis" race that's a bit Human, a bit Zerg and a bit Protoss?:eek:

I guess I'll find out in the morning.:D :p ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

job
Sep 19, 2002, 05:07 PM
Heh, I tried accessing Blizzard.com from my school, but it was blocked due to "adult content."

Heh.

:D

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 19, 2002, 05:12 PM
lol...

job
Sep 19, 2002, 05:15 PM
:D

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 05:45 PM
starcraft2.com has been around since the first Starcraft, "just in case" I would be psyched if it was Starcraft 2 :D

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 06:08 PM
Wow... if Blizzard registered www.starcraftghost.com and starcraft2.com points now to the countdown...

Its coming, folks! SC2 on the way!

Probably subtitle "Starcraft 2 - Ghost Squadron" or something like this, hmm?

Not one hour to go! Stay on line!!!

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 06:15 PM
Is it just me or does that image look a lot like Artanis? :D

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 06:23 PM
Well, Ive never seen Artanis in Person ;) but this armor of the shady character looks Protoss-like - but is this a human face!?!?

Im sure about this. SC2 is here, and here in Germany its 1 a.m. and on 7 I will call a good friend and tell him exclusively :D

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 06:30 PM
Hmm, maybe not a Protoss. Look what happens when you turn the brightness and contrast up...

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Hmm, maybe not a Protoss. Look what happens when you turn the brightness and contrast up...

Maybe this is one of the new species :D Looks human though... oh well!
The end of WCIII hints at SC2.

20 minutes and COUNTING!!!

I guess they want to have it ready by christmas! And since Apple do coop with them, we should have a smultaneous launch of the Mac Version. Man, what a gaming heaven: SC2, UT2003...!

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 06:43 PM
It looks like an infested terran of some type. Ah well, we'll know soon enough. God, I hope it isn't a Starcraft console game though.

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 06:47 PM
It looks like an infested terran of some type. Ah well, we'll know soon enough. God, I hope it isn't a Starcraft console game though.

Imagine a game like starcraft on a console... with a conrol pad? This would be pure madness. And Blizzard dont produce console games. They wouldnt even put a timer on their page for the release of a 4 year old game. They would NEVER be proud of something like that.

12 Min!!!

Edit: We are at -10 Min. and the Blizzard site is not available...! Message "Server too busy" ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 06:52 PM
I saw a rumor of a Metal Gear solid style SC game for consoles earlier so I'm a bit wary.

They put Starcraft on N64 but it was a utter flop.

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 06:53 PM
I saw a rumor of a Metal Gear solid style SC game for consoles earlier so I'm a bit wary.

They put Starcraft on N64 but it was a utter flop.

METAL GHOST SOLID????

EDIT: Now I get an "Connection refused"..

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 06:59 PM
can someone keep up posted on what's going on with Blizzard's website. Im inbetween apts and dont have my broadband connection anymore... there is no way im going to be able to get onto the site.

I hope they do something creative with Starcraft.... not just add heroes and stuff like they did with Warcraft III. (dont get me wrong, like Warcraft III, just would like to see something different done with SC)

although i would NOT like to see a FPS.....

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:01 PM
The site is back!

Timer is on zero!

Edit: starcraft2.com shows the zero timer, blizzard.com gives still a "Connect refused"

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:02 PM
DAMNIT!

Blizzard's servers aren't letting anyone on. Guess we'll have to wait a few mintutes longer :(

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:08 PM
WTF?

Currently, I see nothing new?!?!

Edit: There is something strange going on... I was shortly redirected FROM blizzard.com TO starcraft2.com ?!?!?!?!

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:12 PM
I'm in, there's something loading. Standby and I will post all that I see.

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 07:12 PM
you would think that blizzard would get the idea by now that thier games a very popular, and that they will draw a lot of attention........

and that maybe they should prepare for it, but they make great games so I forgive em ;) ;)

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:15 PM
Trying again...

I got the nav bar but then a connection failure.

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 19, 2002, 07:16 PM
I keep getting Server is busy ad connection refused.

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:17 PM
The site loaded, but no updates?!

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:19 PM
On Blizzard.de the german mirror, there is still the counter ;) but I cant see anything net. I found a tab that spells starcraftbc, but I dont know what that means...

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:20 PM
*SIGH* Starcraft Ghost for Xbox only :( :mad:

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:25 PM
*SIGH* Starcraft Ghost for Xbox only :( :mad:

Oh man, NO!! Really? Blizzard and M$??? ARGH!!! But this game will be nothing great anyway... if its something like Halo. Those games are so stupid...

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 07:28 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!....

are you serious?:mad: :mad:

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:31 PM
On the plus side their site works now

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:33 PM
On the plus side their site works now

LOL Did I just say "Halo"? Just in a more sexy outfit...

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 07:37 PM
Since access is still a little spotty, here is the description
Today at the Tokyo Game Show Blizzard Entertainment announced its newest product under development, StarCraft: Ghost. In this 3D tactical-action console game set in the legendary StarCraft universe, players will take the role of Nova, a lethal Ghost operative trained in the arts of espionage and tactical combat.

As a Terran Ghost, Nova will employ an amazing array of physical and psionic abilities. Nova will also have access to a host of hi-tech weapons and vehicles, some of which will be familiar to players of StarCraft and Brood War.

Check out the official announcement in our latest press release. You can also see more of Nova, her adversaries, and some of the interactive 3D environments that she'll be infiltrating at our new StarCraft: Ghost Web site.

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 07:40 PM
hmm... this sucks

The first strike against blizzard....

and of all things the XBOX? yuk :(

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 07:45 PM
Blizzard will only hurt themselves. The Xbox has only some millions of units sold, and there is already a huge market for those games. Spell Metal Gear, Halo and so on.
People will think "Oh man, yet another FPS tactic action game!" and pass by.

BTW is it far too risky for some companies to produce XBox only. You have to produce where the hardware is, and this is spelled PS2. Sony stated this month that they have sold 40 Millions (!) PS2s worldwide. And the XBox, say, 5 or 6, as I have heard. M$ dont like to tell, you know ;)

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 07:51 PM
well thanks for the updates, I still cannot get through, dialup is stinky.

DreaminDirector
Sep 19, 2002, 07:54 PM
I found this at the ign.com site. It looks like it's for Gamecube too.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/371/371540p1.html

zed
Sep 19, 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DreaminDirector
I found this at the ign.com site. It looks like it's for Gamecube too.

hmm... might consider it if for the Gamecube, since im going to have to get one when Metriod prime comes out.

Still hope blizzard has something up thier sleeve with the gameplay. The Starcraft world is so complex.... seems like this style game (fps) would not do it justice

job
Sep 19, 2002, 08:05 PM
Blizzard....meet Bungie..

Bungie..meet Blizzard..

Sigh..oh well.

I'm just glad that PC users will have the same displeasure of not being able to play it as well...

Unless of course they have an X-Box. :rolleyes: :p

Stike
Sep 19, 2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hitman
(...)

Unless of course they have an X-Box. :rolleyes: :p

Oh, how loud will I laugh at the announcement of the first XBox Emulator :D for Mac :D :D :D
On a PC basis, it should be quite easy to accomplish.

They should publish it for PS2. Then I would consider it.

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 08:14 PM

Bungie..meet Blizzard..

Sigh..oh well.

I wouldn't go that far. This will probably flop and be their last foray into consoles for a while.

I just visited some Blizzard fan sites and everyone is pissed.

job
Sep 19, 2002, 08:19 PM

I just visited some Blizzard fan sites and everyone is pissed.

I would be too...oh wait..

I am. :mad: ;) :p

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 08:46 PM

I would be too...oh wait..

I am. :mad: ;) :p

You would think that Blizzard would have learned after Starcraft 64, but nooooo let's bring Starcraft to consoles again; this time in the form of a Halo rehash :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Sep 19, 2002, 09:05 PM
My ponderings on this recent move:

M$ thought they could corner or strongly compete in the Console Arena - enter XBox. But they needed games, something all the other console makers had been developing for years, so you buy game companies - Bungie.

It was a big blow, personally, to see Bungie fall to the Trow at M$. But I think with this new console game at Blizzard, something different happened. M$ needs games, but they had learned one or two things since Bungie and realize why buy the company when you can just pay them enough to make it for you.

Blizzard gets approached by M$ holding a large bag of money, so naturally they're interested. Blizzard keeps their recognition and unaffiliation with M$, and M$ gets their game. I think everyone wins - well, all those except the ones that want to play the game and don't have an Xbox.

But maybe someday this game will come to a PC/Mac near you.

D

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
It was a big blow, personally, to see Bungie fall to the Trow at M$.
Heh, I see someone's a Myth player ;)

I agree with what you've said. The Xbox's biggest draw right now is Halo, a long-awaited Starcraft game would be a good kick in the ass for the platform.

I will be somewhat surprised if this does anywhere near as well as their PC/Mac games. I'm sure that it will be ported to PC/Mac eventually to prolong it's lifespan.

Mr. Anderson
Sep 19, 2002, 09:19 PM

Heh, I see someone's a Myth player ;)

Yep, but only MythI and MythII because they were Bungie - when MythIII came out I bought it and got through a little over half the single player levels and stopped, it wasn't the same. MythII was the best of the series and the online games were great. Had a good time there for a while.

Never got into StarCraft....

D

Durandal7
Sep 19, 2002, 11:02 PM
Yea, I played the demo to Myth III but never bought it. It seemed too much like a Soulblighter mod to me. THat and no one but Bungie could pull off a Myth game.

DreaminDirector
Sep 20, 2002, 10:48 AM
wow, I didn't know Bungie did Myth I and II. I was into bungie when the put out the Marathon series. Damn that was a great game. I'm sure Durandal7 was into it too. That was the one thing that I actually liked about Halo. For me, Halo brought back a nostalgic feeling of playing of Marathon into the early morning hours. Too bad Halo is the only good game for Xbox.

job
Sep 20, 2002, 11:47 AM
Yea, I played the demo to Myth III but never bought it. It seemed too much like a Soulblighter mod to me. THat and no one but Bungie could pull off a Myth game.

Yeah, Take2 messed with the legacy storyline that Bungie had developed.

Myth3 just did not seem right...

But maybe someday this game will come to a PC/Mac near you.

Kinda like Halo right? :rolleyes: ;) :p

diorio
Sep 20, 2002, 03:18 PM
Is halo not going to ever come out on anything but xbox?

BongHits
Sep 20, 2002, 03:46 PM

spoke too soon...

BongHits
Sep 20, 2002, 03:49 PM

You would think that Blizzard would have learned after Starcraft 64, but nooooo let's bring Starcraft to consoles again; this time in the form of a Halo rehash :rolleyes:

starcraft 64!?!?!?! never even heard of it...can u imagine controlling your armies with a control pad!? omg the chaos...

Durandal7
Sep 20, 2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BongHits

spoke too soon...

Heh, maybe I have some sort of eerie future vision. Now if I could only see what the next iBooks are going to be...

diorio- Halo is coming to PC in "Late 2003" Even though it was supposed to be on PC/Mac originally in Summer of 2000 :mad:

job
Sep 21, 2002, 02:11 PM

diorio- Halo is coming to PC in "Late 2003" Even though it was supposed to be on PC/Mac originally in Summer of 2000 :mad:

I love it...

Halo 2 will be out for X-Box when Halo finally makes on to the PC and Mac platforms.. :rolleyes:

Typical MS.. :mad: