Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cagle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Can you please give me some constructive criticism on my latest piece of digital art. It took me about 14 days using Photoshop; it’s got more layers than any of my previous pieces

tumblr_ljqwxl4o1H1qh7sjfo1_r1_500.png

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
I'm confused....

Why am I seeing this image on the MR homepage-
amazon_lady_gaga_deal_2.jpg

Is this serious? This is the most asinine album cover ever conceived. Fitting for the most asinine "artist" of our time, I guess...

Cagle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
I'm confused....

Is this serious? This is the most asinine album cover ever conceived. Fitting for the most asinine "artist" of our time, I guess...

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if its deliberately bad.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if its deliberately bad.

---Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, I forgot to include the "Now I know you didn't make this and are simply employing a more creative way of bashing BAD design/art" in my original response....

Anyways, what the hell..... The more I look at it, the more confused I am.

Or maybe I am simply too layman to appreciate the excellence of the layer styles on the title text...

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
I think the chrome lettering as well as the slight camera flare are really key to the cover's success. Great job on that! :p

....Not.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
I have a critique.

Seriously.

I'd have angled the front tire further away. It's too foreshortened.

And that way, Lady Gaga's body would be more turned away, like she's snapped her head towards you and given you one of those "HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" things.

That's what I would do.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness
of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Lens Flare + Metalic Emboss = FTW :cool:

Though I am wondering if it's intentionally supposed to look derp like a Heavy Metal of the 80's look...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.