Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Anyone else get low framerates in wow? Even not in crowded cities im getting around 20 fps. Everything is set to Good or lower except Texture which is on High. Water, shadows, and sunshafts are all low. Anything I can do to improve framerates? Besides boot into win7 :eek:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Anyone else get low framerates in wow? Even not in crowded cities im getting around 20 fps. Everything is set to Good or lower except Texture which is on High. Water, shadows, and sunshafts are all low. Anything I can do to improve framerates? Besides boot into win7 :eek:

I have the same computer and gets more than twice your framerate.
Do you have multisampling on, or loads of addons?

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
With the latest patch, I was getting 20 fps (I normally get between 80 and 120 in org) until I disabled my addons. I then checked my addons one at a time until I found the addons that were causing the fps issues.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
About the only things I keep turned up a little are distances are set to good and particle density as well. Too low particle density and you will not be able to see effects to avoid in dungeons and raids. I keep sun shafts and water effects off totally; they are hogs as well. Pretty much everything else is set to low. It would be nice to have everything set to ultra but with WoW's cartoonish graphics it really won't look stellar to me anyways.

Btw, I cap my fps to 30 and hardly ever experience lag. There is one 5-man instance boss effect that causes me a little momentary lag but I have yet to experience any lag in the only two 10-mans I've done, Boradin Hold and Black Wing Descent.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
I have the same computer and gets more than twice your framerate.
Do you have multisampling on, or loads of addons?

My multisampling is only at 1x but I do have a good amount of addons. I'll try disabling them as another poster suggested and see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.