Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkima1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
My macbook bottom case (The rubber-ish bottom) is starting to peel off.

What should I do, I live in Norway.

Bought in October 2009.

24252410150272923851788.jpg

By kimbjerkeli at 2011-05-24

Thanks.

Kim Bjerkeli

i.moroney

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
is this the housing (what came out of the box) or a case that you bought for it?

if it's a case simply get a new one or super glue it

if it's the housing check your warranty and see if it's still valid then take it to the apple store and they would fix it

if the warranty isn't valid then super glue back to the frame/chassis or look for someone on craigslist who might be able to fix it.
:apple::apple:

tkima1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
It is the housing of the Macbook. You know, the rubber surface on the bottom of the white mac unibodys.

As I stated, I live in Norway, so craigslist and so on is not actually a choice for me here. But thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking more in the line of, have anyone seen this problem and can recognize it? Maybe a little info as to why it happens and if it is just a minor problem which can be repaired by taking of the bottom and trying to insert it again, or if I maybe need to get a replacement and so on..

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
As far as I know, that rubber bottom on the new white MacBook is attached to a panel, which keeps it rigid. Otherwise, that rubber would just flop around, obviously. I have 2 suggestions for you:

1) If you are close to an Apple Store, or are willing to drive to one, they will fix this problem for you in no time if you're under warranty. Often, simple non-user-caused flaws will even be taken care of outside of warranty, because they're usually just that nice. :)

2) If for whatever reason you can't make it to an Apple Store, or if you just want to do it yourself, I would take off the bottom panel that the rubber is attached to, and just try to re-glue it - using a good glue so it doesn't happen again. If you use super glue, do NOT be liberal - be mildly sparse. That stuff has ill-effects on some plastics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.