PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 case for vacation

m11rphy
May 24, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hi all

Going on vacation in a couple of weeks and would like to take my iPad 2 to the pool, beach ect. Can anyone recommend a case that can protect against sand getting in the doc conecter ect ?

3goldens
May 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
an otterbox defender and a ziplock bag on the beach!

gigemzach
May 24, 2011, 03:49 PM

The otter box doesn't sound that great.

sotie
May 24, 2011, 07:13 PM

There's a company that makes clear bags specifically for the ipad but I can't remember the name right now. I remember watching a video that shows them using them in the kitchen while cooking.

Born Again
May 24, 2011, 07:19 PM
just enjoy your vacation and leave the ipad in the room.
:)

MathRulz
May 24, 2011, 07:43 PM
There's a company that makes clear bags specifically for the ipad but I can't remember the name right now. I remember watching a video that shows them using them in the kitchen while cooking.

You might be referring to Cleverwraps.
http://www.cleverwraps.com/

I have not tried these, so I don't know how well they work.

club1820
May 24, 2011, 09:36 PM
may as well use a ziplock, - like someone suggested.

sotie
May 25, 2011, 09:11 AM
You might be referring to Cleverwraps.
http://www.cleverwraps.com/

I have not tried these, so I don't know how well they work.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. I haven't tried them either.

Iceage
May 26, 2011, 05:35 AM

Better yet, leave it home. :eek:

James Huang
Jun 4, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

If you are traveling somewhere soon I would seriously consider trying this too. The iPad is light, lasts a very long time on the battery and packs very powerful features. Whether it is work, entertainment or getting local information the iPad does it all.

Well about Ipad case, I think **************/FK5e3D would be a better choice.

Happy Vacations.
- James Huang.

club1820
Jun 4, 2011, 06:16 PM
I would not use a freezer bag. I've witnessed at least one smartphone get fried that way.

So are the clever wraps or dry case breathable ? Otherwise what's the difference fom ziplock? And if breathable then wouldnt that also let moisture in?

BlindMellon
Jun 5, 2011, 08:36 AM
This KungFu Panda hard ipad 2 case would be great, so special. As KungFu Panda film is coming soon, how cool to carry this KungFu Panda hard ipad 2 case.
nice cases, but in no way address the OP's questions.

agpatel
Jun 5, 2011, 10:59 AM
I use the Incase Travel Kit plus with the iPad in a CEO Hybrid. Ipad fits perfectly into the incase even with the hybrid and will has room to store the keyboard, charger, cables, and a MF cloth.

club1820
Jun 5, 2011, 12:07 PM
nice cases, but in no way address the OP's questions.

+1
how are these travel cases?
Work for co.?

bruinsrme
Jun 5, 2011, 12:20 PM
I would not use a freezer bag. I've witnessed at least one smartphone get fried that way.

Perhaps I am a simpleton, but can you share why devices fry in a non-vent zip lock bag and not in the non-vented plastic bags with interlocking mechanism that keeps dirt and water out?
Thanks

glen e
Jun 5, 2011, 10:31 PM
iPads suck to read in the sun...leave it in the room.

club1820
Jun 6, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hope that clarifies.

Cheers.
sure does. thanks.

I'm looking for something to protect from small moisture, tanning oil while reading at beach/poolside. zip bag i guess would be ok for this. ?

club1820
Jun 6, 2011, 12:30 AM
iPads suck to read in the sun...leave it in the room.

even with PS AG Screen?

eddieras
Jun 7, 2011, 06:33 AM
this vendor has bags for mobiles and ipad- 50% off at the moment. i think i'm going to get a few for both. we'll be on a cross country trip and may be handy

http://www.ilocstore.com/pages/promo

club1820
Jun 7, 2011, 10:09 AM
this vendor has bags for mobiles and ipad- 50% off at the moment. i think i'm going to get a few for both. we'll be on a cross country trip and may be handy

http://www.ilocstore.com/pages/promo

uhhhhh... looks like a plain ol' ziplock bag to me.

eddieras
Jun 7, 2011, 10:41 AM
uhhhhh... looks like a plain ol' ziplock bag to me.

certainly looks like a zip lock would do same, i was just showing other options similar to the clever wrap earlier in the thread.

bowlerman625
Jun 11, 2011, 05:10 PM

That's what I'm doing when I go this summer. Too much to worry about keeping it protected!