View Full Version : Convert and Replace in iTunes
May 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hey everyone, just a quick query, i have well over 20,000 songs in my iTunes account and i want to convert them all to 128kbps AAC, quite simply to save space, as i only listen to songs with my iPod Nano and HK Soundsticks, quality is not of real importance. My big question is, how can i tell iTunes to delete the older copies on tracks whilst converting, saving me going through the lot and deleting them one by one? Regards, skate71290 :)
May 25, 2011, 07:30 AM
1) Select everything, make mp3 version (after your import settings are at 128k)
2) Let iTunes do it's thing
3) Right click on the name/artist/album .. etc bar, and select bitrate
4) You'll now have a bitrate column, click it to sort by bitrate
5) Select everything that's not 128 (hold shift and click on the first non-128k item and click on the last non-128k item)
6) Press delete, send to trash, empty trash
May 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
Genius, except some are already 128kbps, but that inspired me to sort by Date Added :) thanks again :)
May 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
Make smart list of all songs above 128kbps, convert songs in that list instead.
May 25, 2011, 10:54 AM
XLD can do this and it supports multiple cores.