PDA

View Full Version : merge Apps purchased with different accounts?

sir42
May 25, 2011, 06:23 AM
Somewhere along the line I created two different iTunes accounts without realizing it. It seems that some of my apps have been purchased under one account and some under the second account, even though they all appear in my iTunes. The result is that I have to login to each account separately to download app updates. Is there a way to transfer the purchases from one account to the other so that I can more easily manage my app updates?

gjrevans
May 23, 2012, 09:28 AM
Somewhere along the line I created two different iTunes accounts without realizing it. It seems that some of my apps have been purchased under one account and some under the second account, even though they all appear in my iTunes. The result is that I have to login to each account separately to download app updates. Is there a way to transfer the purchases from one account to the other so that I can more easily manage my app updates?

Unfortunately, I do not think this is possible. I had the same issue a while back and couldn't figure it out for the life of me! It comes down to apple databases and the outrageous task we are asking of it to merge to rows of data into one. It seems simple, but from my work with servers, I can tell you it's extremely taxing on the entire system and I doubt that apple has nor ever will make this possible.

Best of luck - I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this post to see if anyone else has an idea to accomplish this!