PDA

View Full Version : Wireless-G

aeseeke
Mar 17, 2005, 03:52 PM
I know what you're thinking, I should put this in the linksys boards but I'm gonna do that too. I just bought a range expander for my mac ibook G4 to boost a signal I get from netgear. I do not have any software or anything to dl b/c it seems only to work with PCs. Are there codes I can use to make the damn thing work? It boost the signal, I do get full coverage but it freezes my internet. Someone please help

jeremy.king
Mar 17, 2005, 11:27 PM
:confused:

Can you repeat using full and complete sentences? I don't really understand what you are asking.

I thought signal boosters were for routers, not sure what you mean by its PC only? Are you referring to the setup software? If so, try using the web based config utility of your router.

aeseeke
Mar 19, 2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry if I confused you with my "incomplete" sentences Prof Kingjr :rolleyes: . I was told by a friend all I needed to boost the signal that I'm already receiving was a range expander since they pick up and repeat the signals. I don't have an access point or a router. it seems to do it's job though, it boosts the signal completely but even though I'm receiving it it still won't let me access the internet

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 19, 2005, 04:57 PM
Are you for real...?

What are you talking about... how are you gonna connect to the internet without an access point or router (and what's the "netgear" you referred to in your first post)...?

Try once more, and explain what equipment you have and what you're trying to do. And, please, try using complete, understandable sentences. It make it alot easier to help...

varmit
Mar 19, 2005, 05:06 PM
Ok people, not everyone is a native english speaker. When the person rambles on and on and on without ending sentences, then you can yell at them for being an idiot.

As for this guy, he has a netgear wireless router, and is trying to extend his network with something from linksys. First, what is the hardware we are dealing with, the linksys piece and also the netgear? What are their product names and numbers? Are you trying to use the linksys as a repeater? There should be some way to connect to it to change its settings. I'm not even sure if Linksys and netgear stuff will work together.