PDA

View Full Version : iPod 5GB 1st Generation 'feeler' thread

Mechcozmo
Mar 17, 2005, 09:55 PM
I have a 1st Generation iPod, 5 GB. I'm thinking about selling it.

It is in good condition. Has scratches like most iPods do. The front (including screen) has some minor scratches on it, but they are not too visible. The screen is in good condition, backlight works (still bright), and isn't covered in scratches.

The back looks pretty like that. Really. ;) It is scratched, but it doesn't effect the iPod at all.

There is a crack in the plastic above the FireWire port. Can only see it in the right light. Didn't notice it until recently but it works fine. No dropped connections or anything.

The headphone port seems to have a bit of plastic missing from it.... not sure, have not been able to compare to other 1G iPods. Doesn't seem to effect playback in any way.

I have a red case for it. Cloth. Covers both the hold switch and FireWire port. Its nice.

The iPod is running the latest and greatest for it, which is iPod Software 1.5.

This iPod, it is worthy to note, can sync with OS 9 and if you have the hacked install of iTunes for 8.6 can do so in theory. It can sync with Windows if you use some 3rd party software... not sure what software, but I do know that you can do so. You can sync it with Linux, too. Or run Linux on it. Sync it with itself? (OK, so that was a joke...;))

Anywhoo, I'll see about getting some pictures up of it and the case. Right now I am too busy. But if people wish to see them, then I will.

SilentPanda
Mar 17, 2005, 10:45 PM
Actually it can sync with Windows without 3rd party software. Plug it into Windows, format as FAT 32, install the newest iPod software through Windows... voila... a perfectly syncing with iTunes 1st gen iPod. At least... that's what worked with my first gen 10 gig.

kingcrowing
Mar 18, 2005, 05:53 AM
i'd love one! how much you want for it? ~$75 or so? kingcrowing@1sweetpc.com

Mechcozmo
Mar 18, 2005, 07:33 PM
Actually it can sync with Windows without 3rd party software. Plug it into Windows, format as FAT 32, install the newest iPod software through Windows... voila... a perfectly syncing with iTunes 1st gen iPod. At least... that's what worked with my first gen 10 gig.

Oh, thanks! I read up a bit on it and I saw a bunch of stuff that said that 1G iPods couldn't.... but I guess they can. I would send it HFS+ anywhoo-- no FireWire card on the PC and the PC currently doesn't run too well.

EDIT: Current bid is $85