PDA

View Full Version : imac G4 STILL/increment smaller

harponia
May 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
Friends:
Thank you for helping me. I was the one with the sudden magnified screen. OK, I have switched the resolution and also switched the icon size, and my desktop picture is now filling my screen...however, the font in my documents is still not looking like it used to...I have been working on the same book for eight years and I know what this document looked like...the 12 point Times Roman font is not the same, it looks smaller. And my e-mails are smaller, too; so are the desktop icons. In short, everything on my screen is an increment smaller than it was and I can't get it back to the way it was! How is this possible? I would appreciate some advice and am grateful for the help.
Thanks,
Harponia

wrldwzrd89
May 27, 2011, 11:27 AM
Friends:
Thank you for helping me. I was the one with the sudden magnified screen. OK, I have switched the resolution and also switched the icon size, and my desktop picture is now filling my screen...however, the font in my documents is still not looking like it used to...I have been working on the same book for eight years and I know what this document looked like...the 12 point Times Roman font is not the same, it looks smaller. And my e-mails are smaller, too; so are the desktop icons. In short, everything on my screen is an increment smaller than it was and I can't get it back to the way it was! How is this possible? I would appreciate some advice and am grateful for the help.
Thanks,
Harponia
I don't know what to suggest, other than tinkering with the resolution setting until you find one you like... also, is Quartz Debug activated, by any chance? It can only be activated if you have some version of Xcode installed.

harponia
May 27, 2011, 06:19 PM
I do not have quartz debug and have never heard of it. Yes, I've tried all the various resolutions but none of them duplicate what I had. Really frustrating.
Please, anyone, let me know if anyone has any further thoughts.
Thanks,
Harponia