PDA

View Full Version : Mophie workbook for ipad 2 is out!!!!!

3goldens
May 27, 2011, 01:02 PM
This is really terrific news for fans and now future fans of The Mophie Workbook for Ipad, the new version has just hit the website and it looks great!

I am sure this will come in as being one of the top folios for the Ipad 2. These guys make quality products and always back them up 100%. I have been buying their stuff for years and have never ever been sorry. From the battery paks for the Iphone & Itouch, then the battery and Workbook for Ipad always exceptional design and manufacture and great attention to detail.

I have one being sent to me overnight, so with the holiday, I'll probably get it early next week, can't wait.

The original Mophie Workbook was hands down the best Ipad folio case around. I used it every day every where I went!

I even had retro fitted my Workbook case to accommodate my Ipad 2 till this new one came out, it actually fit rather well with the Belkin snap shield but was waiting for this because I knew they had something extra special up their sleeves, and they did!

It more than protected the device, was super easy to get in and out, was constructed and designed with beauty, eloquence, and above all Mophie always stayed focused on the utilitarian aspects of using ones Ipad.

There was no such thing as limited horizontal viewing angles like many other folios that gave the user three notches on the front cover, and some even had just two notches, how retarded, with The Workbook you could view at any angle because there were no notches, they used a unique system of a felt type fabric and velcro, genius.

So today I got word it was out And lo and behold we have it!

Another great idea brought to us by the folks at Mophie!

Interchangeable bands, colors to choose from, one for almost every day of the week. We know not everyone will go for this idea of this changing bands thing, but there are so many that will. I kind of like the idea of switching things around every so often, mixing it up, its fun!

I never understood the idea of a band until I reluctantly tried the first Mophie workbook, yes reluctantly! I was fine with the cases I was using, and my friend kept insisting I try it, well I am so glad she did, cause I never looked back.

Its looks exceptionally sleek and slim to hold your ipad, but I will have to give you more details on that when I receive it.

Features on the new one are listed below, and obviously Mophie would not have come out with a case that did not have the Sleep/wake function built in so don't worry about that. I can't believe there are still case manufacturers out there that leave this critical feature out. Especially for those who are not fans of the Apple Smart Cover, which there are many.

Features:

Superior Protection for the iPad
The workbook 2 is a light-weight, form-fitting iPad case offering complete protection from front to back.

Sleek folio design offers thin profile and easy carrying.

4 Durable/Interchangeable straps ensure the folio stays closed and secure during commute.

Magnetic Integration
The magnetic integration automatically wakes your iPad when opened and puts it to sleep when closed.

Choice of Color

The workbook 2 comes in five colors that each include 4 interchangeable straps. This allows you to choose the case that matches your style:
Black with 4 color strap options

Brown with 4 color strap options

White with 4 color strap options

Purple with 4 color strap options

Gray with 4 color strap options

Enhanced Functionality
The workbook is adjustable and secure at any viewing angle for watching, typing or browsing.

Provides an infinite number of viewing angles for comfortable typing or screen viewing, improving the overall functionality of the iPad.

Pass-through Design
The workbook 2 ensures full access to all your ports, controls and cameras. Simultaneously charge and sync your iPad without having to removing it.

Animal-friendly Exterior
Faux leather exterior is easy to clean but durable to the elements and the plush interior ensures
your iPad has unmatched protection.

Can't wait to get it, and as soon as I do I will post a review and pictures. If you can't wait, get on over to the Mophies web site and orders yours now!

Here:

http://www.mophie.com/mophie-workbook-iPad-case-folio-p/2040_wrkbk-ipad2-blk.htm

They are also having a Memorial Sale, Great prices on those accessories, power paks for iphone, ipad, and itouch, you might have been holding out on.
go here for that:

http://www.mophie.com/?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

3goldens
May 27, 2011, 01:06 PM
Here are some actual product pictures:

atomicbatteries
May 27, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ordering one right now!

This looks great!

Love the interchangeable bands!

matttrick
May 27, 2011, 03:30 PM
the photos of this product leave a lot to be desired. too small and no frontal shot. oh well

3goldens
May 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
the photos of this product leave a lot to be desired. too small and no frontal shot. oh well

Too small and no frontal shot, what the do you think the first picture is of, the back?

Don't "oh well" something you have not even seen!

Ever use the first Workbook?

I would betting not!

Some more shots for your perusal.

h00ligan
May 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
Wow. Good job mophie, not on the case but for the post which reads like it was written by a manufacturer.

3goldens
May 27, 2011, 11:22 PM
Wow. Good job mophie, not on the case but for the post which reads like it was written by a manufacturer.

Obviously I took the details of the new Workbook from the Mophie web site!

herocookie
May 27, 2011, 11:34 PM
I wish there was a picture that showed exactly how it provided an infinite number of viewing angles. How does that work?

h00ligan
May 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
I won't go near them and you are plugging away for them. The juicepack for 3GS was a gigantic POS.

3goldens
May 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
I won't go near them and you are plugging away for them. The juicepack for 3GS was a gigantic POS.

More nasty, unproductive not to mention unsubstantiated comments from herr h00ligan.

The juice pak was a life saver for me on countless occasions, so why wouldn't I say good things about them. It was a terrific product, you should try one, instead of being so critical all the time, and hey there on sale this weekend!

Yumunum
May 28, 2011, 12:24 AM
More nasty, unproductive not to mention unsubstantiated comments from herr h00ligan.

The juice pak was a life saver for me on countless occasions, so why wouldn't I say good things about them. It was a terrific product, you should try one, instead of being so critical all the time, and hey there on sale this weekend!

It was a life saver for me too until it stopped working and burnt my hands. Pretty lame experience!

Anyways, about the iPad case... It doesn't protect the corners? :/ Darn.

h00ligan
May 28, 2011, 02:06 AM

How do you figure my experience is less valid than yours. I'm offering a flip side. It disintegrated three times and ceased to charge a fourth. IMO iPhone owners are better served with a monoprice backup at 1/5 the price. It's was a gigantic pos that was a huge waste of money. That's not nasty or unhelpful. It's the counter side to your endless product plugs based on my experience.

I wouldn't give them more money.

I'd say my write up is now far more helpful than your shilling for the company in multiple threads.

3goldens
May 28, 2011, 11:03 AM
How do you figure my experience is less valid than yours. I'm offering a flip side. It disintegrated three times and ceased to charge a fourth. IMO iPhone owners are better served with a monoprice backup at 1/5 the price. It's was a gigantic pos that was a huge waste of money. That's not nasty or unhelpful. It's the counter side to your endless product plugs based on my experience.

I wouldn't give them more money.

I'd say my write up is now far more helpful than your shilling for the company in multiple threads.

How do I figure that? Well, since you asked I'll tell you.

Not only do I base my opinion on my experience but also on the experience of at least 75 friends, all of whom purchased this juice pak after seeing mine. Were all of them perfect, nope, a few had problems, like me, all had them replaced like me.

Mophie being a customer relations centered company even sent me one over night as I was leaving on an extended business trip and needed one desperately. Try getting monoprice to do that.

Mono is great if you want inexpensive generic items, I happen to like them very much. But its not a company that designs and manufactures innovative new products, they make copy cat products and sell generic goods. I've had way more things from them go bad on me than Mophie, that's for sure, why? Because the quality is just not there.

If you allegedly had such problems with your juicepak, four of them, and felt it just wasn't working for you, why on earth didn't you just get a refund?

Pretty sure that's what most people would have done, but no matter it's water under the bridge for you. You seem to be happier being a disgruntled customer who relishes negativity instead of standing up for your self and your purchases. Too bad, cause you could have received a full refund, maybe you did even though you said it was a waste of money.

As far as your accusation, yet again, of my relentless "shilling", well my friend, I stand up for what I believe in, and I only recommend things I have personally used, and I use a lot of accessories. I know what quality, durability and innovative good design is, and it a rare thing these days, just look at the plethora of junk in the market these days, most of them providing no customer service what so ever.

I'm truly sorry you had a bad experience with Mophie, but in the end that was on you.

Had you spent half the time you've spent here speaking with Mophie about your experience, instead of criticizing me for letting members of the community know about a new product, your experience surely would have been different. And that's based on a lot more experience your able to offer.

Thanks for your comments though, their always welcome no matter how negative and unproductive.

h00ligan
May 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
Again. How do you figure explaining a bad experience is unproductive? Get a refund? Doesn't replace te time with support, sending things in, and even then one may just give up. Pass through charging was always an issue as well.

I think it very very funny that you use the term allegedly and then cite '75 of my friends'

You stand up for what you believe in? Lmao. It's an iPhone case, call the fed!

3goldens
May 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Again. How do you figure explaining a bad experience is unproductive? Get a refund? Doesn't replace te time with support, sending things in, and even then one may just give up.

If your a quitter that's one thing, here again, that was your choice. You choose to throw your money away and harbor a grudge, that's really to bad. It could have turned into a positive experience for you had you made the effort! Imagine that, a positive experience with an accessory!

It really took you a lot of time to put the defective one in the replacements box that came with a prepaid shipping label? Wow, that's certainly telling.

Pass through charging was always an issue as well.

That's interesting, I never had problem with the juicepak for 3gs or any one of the four newer ones I am currently using with I4. For that matter no one I knew did either.

I think it very very funny that you use the term allegedly and then cite '75 of my friends'

You stand up for what you believe in? Lmao. It's an iPhone case, call the fed!

Actually grasshopper, it's not just the iPhone case I've been so pleased with, it's the entire company. Clearly, you haven't had an experience like that yet, hope you do someday, then you'll see what the difference is between a company that sells copy cat products and one that designs and manufactures quality products!

Thanks for your continued thoughts!