PDA

View Full Version : MBP i7 vs. MBA C2D for Logic Pro

patent10021
May 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
In the market for a laptop for light Logic Pro work. Sessions I can take to my iMac later.

Seeing as people have been using 15" MBPs for mobile work since 2000 I figured that any new MBA would also suffice.

Is anyone using a MBA for mobile audio work in Logic or some video work with FCP? Will the June MBAs be a lot quicker? Should I buy a 15" MBP instead and swap the optical drive with another HD or something?

CFoss
May 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
Do NOT go with the MacBook Air for Logic Studio. With my Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.8 GHz, I'm about to update my system to the i7 series due to the consistent overloads I experience. Unless your projects are extremely simple, you will barely be able to do anything with the Air.

Edit: I should have read the topic. Wait for the new MacBook Airs, as the new generation of CPUs might make a significant difference.

patent10021
May 28, 2011, 07:25 AM
Edit: I should have read the topic. Wait for the new MacBook Airs, as the new generation of CPUs might make a significant difference.Thanks. You really think June MBAs would be all that different? That much more powerful? Also, keep in mind that my laptop projects would be simple. Only basics tracks etc. Would later transfer everything to my iMac.

CFoss
May 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
If you can wait, you might as well. Computers will always get better, and the longer you can wait before needing a new one, the better. If the MacBook Pros are any sign, there should be a significant performance improvement with the new generation of CPUs for the MacBook Air.

aniketroxx
May 29, 2011, 01:01 AM
To be honest if you are into HD and logic pro editing then dont look over MBA . MBA is faster in daily tasks not for intensive stuff and it has the sexiest design :D