Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Hi
I have a few qs about the battery. 13" 2010 model
please dont tell me to read that battery article - I read it 10 times already.

1- I am getting shown 3:40 left with Brightness 100%, Keylights 100%, 1 USB modem plugged in sucking 5W. Only safari open. is this acceptable? battery usage between 14 and 20W.. isnt that high for only safari and 1 usb device?

2- My battery life was 96% from the day I got it, until a month ago. A week ago I noticed it went down to 89%. Yesterday I calibrated, and now its 91%.
I know this is not extremely accurate, but is there anyway to set it to the real level?

a- I recalibrated yesterday
b- MBP was bought on Jan 28 2010 Brand New - NOT refurbished from apple. for some reason Coconut battery says that the computer is 7 months old. is this a problem?

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
It was probably manufactured before the day you bought it ;)

How many cycles do you have?

I have a 2010 mbp and get significantly more life out of my battery than that.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

I recommend you re-read it, because you're not understanding the information it is giving you.

Having all your lights at max level with a USB device drawing power is going to reduce your estimated time remaining, considerably, if you realize the estimates Apple gives for the battery is using considerably less than max for screen brightness and keyboard, with no USB devices attached.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
If you had read the FAQ, you would have found all of your answers.

It's all normal. Coconut battery is often inaccurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.